PDA

View Full Version : What the hell do you guys eat when youre out and about?!?!?

Focused
01-11-2004, 02:25 PM
im a college student and i also work part time......so sometimes i dont have the time to try and find something healthy to eat....theres a mcdonalds right across the street from job, and even though i avoid it as much as possible, i do eat the occassional fish fillet sandwich(that isnt that bad for you right?)....i mostly try to eat subway sandwich as i hear that they arent that bad for you, but you can only eat so much subway before you get tired of it!!!

so what im trying to figure out is, how do you still eat properly when youre not home and doing the daily hussle and bussle of everyday life? :scratch:

JuniorMint6669
01-11-2004, 02:49 PM
A lot of times ill stop by the nearest supermarket and pick up something. Fruit, vegetables, lunch meat, milk, triscuits, whole chicken; theres tons of stuff there.

Focused
01-11-2004, 02:54 PM
what if youre at work? do you go to a grocery store on your lunch break? or do you just make your own lunch?

Allyrulez
01-11-2004, 03:03 PM
I just make tuna sandwiches, with plain tuna, margarine, brown bread & hot sauce (awesome tip)

I make em in advance and have them during breaks at college

You get to really love tuna

Maybe you should buy a bunch of meal-replacement bars.. They rock and r delicious

Bam Bam
01-11-2004, 03:16 PM
i carry a pale with me at work i have 3 cans of tuna and opener and two prepared meals with me

Focused
01-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Maybe you should buy a bunch of meal-replacement bars.. They rock and r delicious

which bars would you reccommend?

JuniorMint6669
01-11-2004, 03:54 PM
I go to the grocery store on my lunch break if i didnt have time to pack a lunch. Usually eat a package of lunch meat, some triscuits, and maybe a quart of milk.

smalls
01-11-2004, 03:56 PM
what if youre at work? do you go to a grocery store on your lunch break? or do you just make your own lunch?

Just bring a lunch with you. Hell half of the fridge is reserved for my milk, chicken, and sandwiches. Protein shakes in shakers or bars work well if your on the go also.

fatsoPanda
01-11-2004, 07:24 PM
unsalted peanuts :)

eclips1
01-11-2004, 08:08 PM
I eat fast food atleast once, maybe twice a day. I'll ussually just order a grilled chicken sandwich and a diet coke. Sometimes I get 2 sandwiches. whether Mcdonalds or Wendy's, its a good split:approx 7g fat/ 25g protien/ 36g carbs. Try to stay away from the fried foods. The fish sandwich at Mcdonalds is fried.

Scott S
01-11-2004, 10:20 PM
I order milk (and get refills!) every time I go to a restaurant.

Holto
01-12-2004, 10:18 AM
most MRP bars have hydrogenated oils and trans fats not to mention the time the nutrients have been aging and the preservatives

the truth is you have to pack a lunch

(allthough I really like the idea of just stopping at a grocery store)

I make my own bars

I have a bar with fruit or salad or cheese and whole grain crackers