PDA

View Full Version : I was eating chicken for the 4,563,428th time today...

JustinASU
01-11-2004, 03:41 PM
When I gagged on it and almost threw up. The taste, the smell...everything about plain chicken breast makes me want to puke. Before you say, put something on it or eat beef...I'm on a cut and I'm trying to keep sugars/fats/ cals in general low.

smalls
01-11-2004, 03:54 PM
You can get lean ground beef which has pretty much the same nutritional value as chicken. Tuna is a nice change. But I feel your pain bro, I eat the same thing everyday (just more or less) and every few months I just want to ****in flip. But that only lasts a day or so and I'm back to it again. Change it up for a bit and you should be fine.

Jasonl
01-11-2004, 04:28 PM
I feel the same way about plain egg whites...

smalls
01-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Salsa is dope on eggs. Hot sauce helps with chicken also, and doesnt add much of anything.

shootermcgavin7
01-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Salsa is dope on eggs. Hot sauce helps with chicken also, and doesnt add much of anything.

Buffalo sauce (depends on what you get) generally has very low cal content.

Scott S
01-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Tuna? :D

Severed Ties
01-11-2004, 11:15 PM
I've been eating chicken for my 5th meal for the last 22 weeks....I feel your pain.

When I get sick of it I dowse it in Franks Red Hot.

ST

HARDCORE
01-12-2004, 12:26 AM
LOL, we should call this thread the "Burnt Out Chicken Eaters" thread!

I am the same way, I eat the same $hit every day! Chicken, tuna, turkey, blah, blah....

My latest thing is taking a whole wheat tortilla, and making a chicken wrap with it. Some lettuce, chicken and, if you want, lowfat cheese, and salsa. Grubbin!!!

HARDCORE

Reinier
01-12-2004, 01:13 AM
****. i did not know there was calories in pepper oregano, thime or sweeteners.... you can make it taste like whatever the hell you want without ruining your cut. experiment.

Saint Patrick
01-12-2004, 01:19 AM
:withstupi

53x12
01-12-2004, 04:46 AM
LOL, I hear you chicken burnout. There's also fish at the supermarket - swordfish, tuna steaks, shark, even salmon although it's pretty fatty. Throw it on the Foreman grill with some cajun spices.

Tank23
01-12-2004, 05:08 AM
I've been eating chicken for my last 2 meals for months and months now. I usually have it crumbed and grilled on the foreman grill with a bit of olive oil. Tastes decent.

Budiak
01-12-2004, 07:50 AM
I dont know. I have perfected the art of cooking chicken in the microwave so its still fully cooked, yet very, very juicy and tender, but at one point i couldnt even glance at a chicken breast without puking. Thats when I went on my ground beef kick.

And what a kick it was...

dirtyvest
01-12-2004, 01:21 PM
I gave up on chicken breast years ago, it's so effin' dry. Drumsticks (w/out the skin), pork (escalopes especially are lean), fish, lean beef made even leaner courtesy of Big George are all great sources IMO.

smalls
01-12-2004, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=Budiak]I dont know. I have perfected the art of cooking chicken in the microwave so its still fully cooked, yet very, very juicy and tender[QUOTE]

Well give it up bro. I just boil my chicken, which makes it nice to cook 5+ lbs at once but I would like to be able to use the microwave.

raniali
01-12-2004, 04:24 PM
you could always cook the chicken, add water, puree it fine enough to drink. hold your nose and bypass tastebuds altogether.

or you could use non-caloric condiments: hot sauce, mustard, minimal ketchup. maybe try ground turkey for a few days instead. it was chicken that pushed me over the edge once before and i became a veggie for 2 years. i *completely* understand.

RickTheDestroyer
01-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Seriously-
2 slices of wheaty-flaxseed bread from Kroger.
2 slices fat free cheese singles
1 can tuna

The bread has some fat in it, but percentage-wise it's pretty negligible. The sandwich is actually pretty good, which is good, since I don't eat chicken/beef/pork/emu and if I have to eat another plain can of tuna I'm going to scream.

I saw this on the side and decided that I had to include it in my post.
:whip:

Budiak
01-15-2004, 04:24 AM
You have to find the tolerances of your microwave's power. Find out how strong it is. I believe my microwave is in the 900-1200 watt range. A 1000 watt microwave will totally cook one chicken breast in 5 minutes, and it will still be somewhat juicy.

I take two chicken breasts (quantity DOES matter in a microwave, as well as total weight) Assuming your breasts are the average of six ounces or so, put two breasts in for about 5 minutes. When it beeps, they should be mostly cooked. I.E., pink in the middle, cooked on the outside. This is visible, no need to cut. But cut anyways. Cut them up into little pieces (I'm assuming this is going to happen at some point anyways) right now, and sort the pieces evenly about the plate. Microwave again for another 2 minutes and the chicken will be perfect.

OR a variation that I love, and do often, in fact I did it tonight, on the second nuking, do it for 1 minute, then layer your favorite cheese on top of the chicken. Fat free, full fat, or my favorite, 2% American cheese. Nuke for one more minute.

Preeeefecto!

Mind you this is with an oven that is well over 1000 watts. Weaker ovens may require longer cook times, but thats the basic process. Cook until pink in middle, cut up, and cook for short periods until deemed finished.

smalls
01-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Thanks man, I'll try that. And pepper jack cheese is the best, sorry.

ItalianGalleon
01-15-2004, 06:03 PM
I am so tired of the only four protein-related items my dining hall has. If only I could eat everything in powder form and get the stupid dining hall to pay for it.

Budiak
01-16-2004, 05:30 AM
You're wrong, Smalls. American cheese is the best. The more synthetic the better.

Manveet
01-16-2004, 12:09 PM
You guys seriously get sick of eating the same thing?

I think I've been eating chicken breasts for a year and a half straight. No problems.

Pansys.

Saint Patrick
01-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Pepper Jack & Colby.

crazy_cool
01-16-2004, 09:44 PM
I work at a meat shop while i goto school. Here is a suggestion if your on a cutting diet....

Goto the butcher and ask him for a "kippy" . It is a type of meet that muslim people eat raw. It is zero % fat....it is from the inside round portion, and has all fat removed, and sent thru the grinder 3 times. ULTRA LEAN. You can often get it for rather cheap since you should only have to pay insideround prices.

This may help you with your problem of being sick of the same old. I bet you have never made any food out of kippy before :D

You could also goto a lebanese resturant and order kippy. It is pure protein, no carbs,nofat. Although they do put olive oil on it. And you could enjoy a nice meal, and still stay on your diet!!!

just my food for thought