PDA

View Full Version : Bloodclot and aftermath

Deuce
01-11-2004, 07:30 PM
About 8 months ago I had surgery to remove an 8 inch blood clot in my upper arm near my coller bone. Two bones were pinching my main vein going to my right arm every time I threw a baseball, I play outfield so I throw a lot. After years and years of that vein being pinched it finally shut down and began to clot. They were able to remove the clot but failed after several attempts to reopen the vein. My arm is now fed blood by many smaller supplemental veins, but I only get about 80% of the blood flow that I once had. So now when I lift my right arm gets a much bigger and longer lasting pump than my left arm. I am an avid lifter and have to be because of my sport. But my right arm is growing faster than my left because my pump lasts longer and my muscles are getting fed more nutrients for a longer amount of time than my left arm. I need a way to open my blood passages in my right arm. I have been reading about NO2 and how it can help open viens. Would this help me? Any Doctors know of supplements that would help or anything I can to do?

ectx
01-11-2004, 09:35 PM
About 8 months ago I had surgery to remove an 8 inch blood clot in my upper arm near my coller bone. Two bones were pinching my main vein going to my right arm every time I threw a baseball, I play outfield so I throw a lot. After years and years of that vein being pinched it finally shut down and began to clot. They were able to remove the clot but failed after several attempts to reopen the vein. My arm is now fed blood by many smaller supplemental veins, but I only get about 80% of the blood flow that I once had. So now when I lift my right arm gets a much bigger and longer lasting pump than my left arm. I am an avid lifter and have to be because of my sport. But my right arm is growing faster than my left because my pump lasts longer and my muscles are getting fed more nutrients for a longer amount of time than my left arm. I need a way to open my blood passages in my right arm. I have been reading about NO2 and how it can help open viens. Would this help me? Any Doctors know of supplements that would help or anything I can to do?

This doesn't make sense. Any drug you took would increase action systemically. It sounds to me like you just naturally favor one side over the other.

Deuce
01-12-2004, 05:19 PM
This doesn't make sense. Any drug you took would increase action systemically. It sounds to me like you just naturally favor one side over the other.

My right arm is missing the largest vein because it got closed from the bloodclot. So now there are is much less passages for my blood to flow in my right arm. Consequently, the blood that fills my arm when I get a pump from lifting has no where to go and stays in my arm much longer. If you saw my arm after I lifted I promise you would agree that it is just not that I favor one side over the other. Before the surgery my left arm was bigger than my right. I doubt I would change the arm I favor after surgery to the one that was injured.

louis1099
01-14-2004, 02:23 AM
I'd work on moving blood thru the arm(high reps, pumps)...your smaller vessels will adapt and should grow larger to handle the load.

Am I reading this right? your right arm was injured causing a blood vessel to be destroyed....you still have your artery feeding the arm just a vein is gone? You still have 80% of the flow?

I really dont think that is your problem....that blood you claim is staying in your arm is "staying" in there longer. your getting the same amount in, its just not leaving as fast..where do you think this blood is coming up with the nutrients? it has to go back out and get them and carry waste out. If anything it should stunt your growth and you should get fatigued faster with the build up of lactic acid, if your not getting this there is nothing wrong with your blood flow.(ever have your biceps burning?) do a set of 21s and see if your now huge right arm can hang with your normal arm, shouldnt be able too. You do know that you dont actually grow in the gym. If that were the case you'd have dudes in the gym all day trying to keep a arm pump.

Besides I never have a problem filling either arm with blood to the point of popping....concentrate on the left more, somehow your favoring your right now. That or those docs forgot to tell you about the cyborg implant.

Deuce
01-14-2004, 05:37 PM
I'd work on moving blood thru the arm(high reps, pumps)...your smaller vessels will adapt and should grow larger to handle the load.

Am I reading this right? your right arm was injured causing a blood vessel to be destroyed....you still have your artery feeding the arm just a vein is gone? You still have 80% of the flow?

I really dont think that is your problem....that blood you claim is staying in your arm is "staying" in there longer. your getting the same amount in, its just not leaving as fast..where do you think this blood is coming up with the nutrients? it has to go back out and get them and carry waste out. If anything it should stunt your growth and you should get fatigued faster with the build up of lactic acid, if your not getting this there is nothing wrong with your blood flow.(ever have your biceps burning?) do a set of 21s and see if your now huge right arm can hang with your normal arm, shouldnt be able too. You do know that you dont actually grow in the gym. If that were the case you'd have dudes in the gym all day trying to keep a arm pump.

Besides I never have a problem filling either arm with blood to the point of popping....concentrate on the left more, somehow your favoring your right now. That or those docs forgot to tell you about the cyborg implant.

Ok nevermind I guess you guys know more about my condition. If the blood flow isnt the issue then why wasnt my right arm bigger before the vein shut down? I dont understand how my blood flow cannot be effected when the vein that did probably 75% of the work is now completely shut off. And if I do 21's my now huge right arm more than hangs with my left, it surpasses it. Since everybody seems to think they know more about it then me I will rephrase the question. Are there any vitamins or supplements that will help circulation or increase vein size?

ectx
01-15-2004, 12:44 AM
Ok nevermind I guess you guys know more about my condition. If the blood flow isnt the issue then why wasnt my right arm bigger before the vein shut down? I dont understand how my blood flow cannot be effected when the vein that did probably 75% of the work is now completely shut off. And if I do 21's my now huge right arm more than hangs with my left, it surpasses it. Since everybody seems to think they know more about it then me I will rephrase the question. Are there any vitamins or supplements that will help circulation or increase vein size?

You're not getting us and taking this personally. You're right, we don't know you're condition and all its caveats. I'm not a physiologist, but what I do know tells me your body would adapt. You can't necessarily increase blood flow or cause vasodilation in one specific area as most oral drugs will act systemically (which directly addresses your question, btw). Perhaps what you're feeling is a more pronounced "pump". If uneven strength is the issue then perhaps you should work on each side individually and allow the left to catch up to the right. It also takes a while for your body to balance bloodflow, etc between the two. If you're that concerned perhaps you should talk to your physician and ask him if this is normal and see what he recommends. You might just get better advice than on an internet board. :p

louis1099
01-15-2004, 02:28 AM
I agree with seeking a "professional opinion"

Do you think increasing blood out of your arm is going to help the left arm catch up or stunt the right arm? There is nothing wrong with your arm's blood supply if it can beat your other arm on a lactic acid producing exercise.

Sorry to say but there is no logic in what your trying to do.....

I'm going in for surgery to have both veins in my arms cut off in order to get bigger arms.

List your arm measurements...how out of balance are they?