PDA

View Full Version : What have you been eating to gain

Drheckler
01-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Here's my meal everyday for the last month.

1. 2 eggs, bacon, bagel, protein drink.
2. apple
3. rice and salmon
4. protein drink
5. tuna on a multigrain bagel
6. apple
7. tuna on a multigrain bagel
8. protein drink

and about 8 16oz glasses of water and I haven't gained anything.

5'8
130 pounds

Ozzy Osbourne
01-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Looks more like a cutting diet than a bulking diet. Eat more calories man! Looks like alot of protein, which is good, but not much calories. You need alot of calories if you wanna gain weight.

Drheckler
01-12-2004, 10:37 AM
Looks more like a cutting diet than a bulking diet. Eat more calories man! Looks like alot of protein, which is good, but not much calories. You need alot of calories if you wanna gain weight.

What else should I be eating?

galileo
01-12-2004, 10:42 AM
I think it has more to do with portions. If you're not gaining, add 500 calories. Check weekly. Since you're so light, I assume a quick metabolism, so just hit up the food as hard as you can and you'll start putting the weight on.

AzBboy
01-12-2004, 12:18 PM
more pastas as well.

chris mason
01-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Just eat more. You are one of those skinny guys that thinks he is eating as much as he can yet doesn't gain weight. Let me let you in on a secret, you have to eat big to get big. You will need to stuff yourself past the point of comfort (don't go too overboard) for a period of time until you expand your stomach enough to allow even more calories. You can't just eat until you are full, you need to eat a little more.

Darracq
01-12-2004, 01:34 PM
I eat everything i see,

Alke
01-12-2004, 01:49 PM
yeah, that is a cutting meal plan....tuna is clean and low calories. Your tuna only has 150 cals per can is why tuna is great for cutting

get calories up and keep them consistant, switch in some extra lean ground beef to get calories up, mix in 1/2 lb ground beef (@500cals).

if your bulking no need to keep your diet extra squeeky clean, you want calories = energy bro!

the key is to weigh yourself once a week, and keep at least a pound a week coming on. If your not gaining or even (heaven forbid) losing weight, you need to eat more.

carbs are not the enemy=
potatoe (@150 cals a potatoe)
black eyed peas (@300 cals a can)
eat your oatmeal (1 serving is @300 cals),
grapenuts (again @300 cals serving)
bagels (@ 250cals per bagel)
broccoli, califlower (@ 100 cals serving)

protein is your friend=
they gots protein pasta you can buy at health stores (@300 cals a serving)
grab your boiled eggs (@70 cals each = 5 eggs in the morning = 350 cals and 35 grams protein)
cottage cheese (@200 cals serving)
beef jerky (@100 calories a bag)
other stuff = salmon, whey protein, protein bars, turkey, chicken
**none of that sandwich meat crap

at 130 pounds you should be eating @2500 cals a day to gain, its not hard to keep track, keep a little journal and write down the amount of clories you eat during the day. That way, you keep track of if you are ahead or behind schedule for daily calorie intake. No need to be a calorie nazi, just a rough estimate is all you need each day....

go ahead and eat junkfood once in a while too, just lay off the pop and chips!

Behemoth
01-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Just eat more. You are one of those skinny guys that thinks he is eating as much as he can yet doesn't gain weight. Let me let you in on a secret, you have to eat big to get big. You will need to stuff yourself past the point of comfort (don't go too overboard) for a period of time until you expand your stomach enough to allow even more calories. You can't just eat until you are full, you need to eat a little more.

Yes! Yes, this is true! Listen to this man!

BTW, why's isn't this in diet and nutrition? :hide:

manowar669
01-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Eat everything that's slower than you are!

Max-Mex
01-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Anything that's low in saturated fats. Well, that was my goal. :)

smalls
01-12-2004, 08:13 PM
I say keep eating what your eating (since you have it down and dont have a problem with it) but keep adding more until you start gaining. I suggest adding milk to every meal, and possibly peanuts with the protein shakes (except post workout).
The calorie is king, you just have to eat more than you burn so keep eating until you do.
Get back to us when you start gaining weight, which should be next week.

prof
01-13-2004, 04:00 AM
i'd drop the protien drink and fill that slot with another meal, tub of cottage cheese +tin pineapples and nuts, [cheaper too] same at night maybe tuna in oil or cottage cheese and flax

also bagels are pretty refined carbs something more natural would be better, also not much vegges in that list, use some broccoli or something with that tuna and rice

clvmike19
01-13-2004, 06:36 AM
Milk.......drink milk.

Eat everything.

Kill small animals that happen to wander across your yard and eat them in front of their families.........then eat the family.

bill
01-13-2004, 10:57 AM
all good suggestions your routine maybe at fault also what workout are you on and how much activity do you do besides lifting?you may need to go on a routine such as the ww1 and no cardio