PDA

View Full Version : Titan Fury came!

Saturday Fever
01-13-2004, 02:04 PM
I ordered a Titan bench shirt because I wanted to get my grip a bit wider so I could get my ROM down and involve my lats a bit more, but I was afraid of destroying my shoulder.

At any rate, it arrived today! I'm going to be at the gym tonight trying to figure it out. I'm all excited like when I was 9 years old and it was Christmas.

JuniorMint6669
01-13-2004, 04:41 PM
I heard it takes a while to get things shipped from titan, how long did it take? Im probably going to buy one for myself and my bro for when we compete.

benchmonster
01-14-2004, 07:18 AM
Log back on when you can and let us know how it went. The Fury is a very good single layer poly shirt. Probably the best out there, with the possible exception of the Inzer single Phenom.

B.

phreak
01-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Keep us informed! If I'm forced to go the shirted route, I'm going for a Fury too.

FortifiedIron
01-16-2004, 11:09 PM
The fury is a great shirt. How much did you end up paying for it?

Kc

Saturday Fever
01-19-2004, 12:47 PM
I actually ebay'd mine from a guy with a similar build. I paid about $70 with shipping added in, so it was a good deal I thought, whether it was a perfect fit or just "close enough".

It ended up fitting very nicely I thought. I have used it twice, trying to get a feel for it and I have just a couple observations:

1) I definitely have needed a shirt for a long time. Benching with long arms and a close grip may save the shoulders, but it kills the amount I could move. I'm benching with fingers outside the rings now and it's a world of difference.

2) This may sound odd, but I think the shirt is telling me that my setup on the bench is terrible. I'm way off on finding a groove. I took a look at some videos on http://www.growordie.com and noticed a few differences, but those guys are bigger than I am so it's hard to make sure decisions. I'm debating findind some big benchers within 500 miles or so and trying to weasel my way in for some spy action.

Budiak
01-21-2004, 06:06 PM
Where do you lift?

Saturday Fever
01-21-2004, 06:10 PM
At a neon-light-infested gym in Chico called "In Motion".

Budiak
01-21-2004, 06:23 PM
I thought you lived in Sac! BULL****!

Saturday Fever
01-21-2004, 06:25 PM
Born and raised. I moved to Chico in May of 2003. :(

Budiak
01-24-2004, 06:23 PM
Sorry sack.

A few friends live in Chico. Beh. Nice town. Cheap beer.

No 24/hour fitness. So I dont go there much anymore.