PDA

View Full Version : drinking red bull!! bad or good?

carlossalsa8
01-14-2004, 06:39 PM
I luv the way red-bull tastes, but I don't really know wut it does to your body. I just wanna know if it is bad to drink it.

Thanks.

drew
01-14-2004, 07:22 PM
Go for it. I wouldn't drink it a few hours before or after a workout, and if you MUST mix with vodka (I like it) limit it to 1 or 2. I had a buddy have a minor heart attack after 3 vodka-redbulls. Of course, his body was crap to begin with from all the drugs he'd taken.

Behemoth
01-14-2004, 07:33 PM
I see no reason to stray away from workout times. While it may not be deemed a particularly healthy drink I could see some benefits while taken in pre-workout. I started a thread about it a long time ago...

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=28998&highlight=red+bull

Majestic
01-14-2004, 07:39 PM
I see no reason to stray away from workout times. While it may not be deemed a particularly healthy drink I could see some benefits while taken in pre-workout. I started a thread about it a long time ago...

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=28998&highlight=red+bull

Red Bull doesn't have Ephedra in it, and has less caffeine than a Mountain Dew.

What exactly is/are the ingredients that make your heart speed-up, other than caffeine, that are in that particular drink?

Or is it a "blame the shooter, not the gun" situation, whereby someone who drinks 6 Red Bulls in the span of 2 hours, with a known heart condition, is a flat-out moron?

mikey4402
01-14-2004, 07:40 PM
may i ask why you drink the redbull every day. cuz if you use it as a pick you up, mabey you should rethink your diet or take a daily vitamin

Go for it. I wouldn't drink it a few hours before or after a workout, and if you MUST mix with vodka (I like it) limit it to 1 or 2. I had a buddy have a minor heart attack after 3 vodka-redbulls. Of course, his body was crap to begin with from all the drugs he'd taken.
yes liquid cocaine very good i had a few on new years. :thumbup:

galileo
01-15-2004, 10:35 AM
That's not liquid cocaine.

carlossalsa8
01-15-2004, 11:46 AM
I drink reb bull cuz of the taste. When I drink it isn't supposed to wake the body up or give some energy? I don't feel any better when I drink it. Does it really give energy, or I have to take like three a day to feel it?

Behemoth
01-15-2004, 11:49 AM
Red Bull doesn't have Ephedra in it, and has less caffeine than a Mountain Dew.

What exactly is/are the ingredients that make your heart speed-up, other than caffeine, that are in that particular drink?

Or is it a "blame the shooter, not the gun" situation, whereby someone who drinks 6 Red Bulls in the span of 2 hours, with a known heart condition, is a flat-out moron?

No clue, I've only had it once. I don't even know the ingredients in it. I just thought it more or less worked like and ECA stack as far as energy goes. So I asked in my thread if anybody knew anything more on it.

ItalianGalleon
01-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Isn't the key ingredient taurine, hence red "bull" ? Honestly, I have no idea what taurine does, though, but this is what I've heard.

JTyrell710
01-15-2004, 07:01 PM
taurine- isnt that an amino acid??

bigfella13
01-15-2004, 08:17 PM
taurine has a tendancy to speed up ones heart rate, when u couple that with the effects of alcohol(its a depressant) it gives u a kind of irregular heart rate untill the taurine has been broken down, god you would know ive a biochem exam in 6 hours

drew
01-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Taurine makes you able to drink lots of alchohol without feeling drunk for a while. It's like a mini acid trip. lol