PDA

View Full Version : How do I lose body fat about 15%? NEED HELP

bluemc
01-14-2004, 10:58 PM
How do I lose 15% Body Fat? What's the quickest and easiest way? What would I have to do Diet/Nutrition, Weight Training, Cardio, etc.

I would like to develop a six pack and beable to keep it. I want to have a muscular big not skinny and not big.. Medium frame. I would like to be very defined.

I have access to a gym(24hr fitness). I am able to go everyday for about 1 hour total time.

I also heard that Yoga was good. Would yoga be good for a male? What would I do to get myself into Yoga would I join a class? Would their be any young ladies in Yoga Classes? What benefits do you receive from Yoga?

I would like to be fit and healthy period.

If you have or experienced having a six pack. What are the reactions most people say when noticing that you have a six pack? Have you tried getting an 8pack? Was it hard getting an 8pack? What do girls think about it?

Ozzy Osbourne
01-14-2004, 11:15 PM
If you have or experienced having a six pack. What are the reactions most people say when noticing that you have a six pack? Have you tried getting an 8pack? Was it hard getting an 8pack? What do girls think about it?

LOL !!

Isaac Wilkins
01-15-2004, 08:34 AM
You want to lose 15% bodyfat? Where are you now? If you're 20%-25% or more as this goal would suggest, then chances are just doing SOMETHING will help you lose fat initially.

-Lift weights with some intensity. This does NOT mean you should be in the gym six days a week for hours at a time. Check out the WannabBeBig Routine #1 if you're new trainer.

-Do some cardio. Start slowly if you're not used to doing it. Three sessions a week of about 15-20 minutes. Try to keep your heart rate (unless you have some heart/blood pressure issues, etc) to at least 60% of your max heart rate. A quick and dirty formula for that is Max HR = 220-Age. There are other, more accurate formuli, but that'll do for now.

So, using that formula, my max HR would be 220 - 23 = 197. 60% of that would be 118.2 beats per minute. Given my current lack of cardio shape, I think I hit that waddling to the refrigerator in the morning.

-Keep a food journal. For five days, don't change what you eat, eat as you normally do. However, anything that enters your mouth, write it down. Quantity included. Try to be very accurate, people notoriously underestimate. This will let us know where you're at, and we can more easily help you adjust your diet from there.

-Find something you like to do that's active. Play basketball, raquetball, hike, etc. Just something that gets you moving that you enjoy doing. It's amazing how easy exercise can be when it's fun.

Good luck, and keep us updated with any information you can provide!

Oh, and the 8-pack is largely genetic. That is an extreme level of both muscularity and leanness. To help yourself along the way, seek to hypertrophy (grow) your abs a bit by keeping up with your ab work.

Yoga is fine as a flexibility and training tool. I don't know as though I'd make it a cornerstone, but certainly it could be a good, active time. Go ahead and use it if you'd like. Every yoga class I've ever seen has plenty of young ladies in it. :cool:

ItalianGalleon
01-15-2004, 09:24 AM
I have experienced the abs! Surprisingly, most girls really don't like abs on guys; I think that the potato-shaped guy is really ideal. That's the physique I'm going for now.

IronDaddy
01-15-2004, 11:46 AM
I have experienced the abs! Surprisingly, most girls really don't like abs on guys; I think that the potato-shaped guy is really ideal. That's the physique I'm going for now.

Ready a study one time and women find guys w/ slight love handles to be extremely sexy. Just goes to show men will never figure out women.

ItalianGalleon
01-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Yeah, you actually gotta be careful about lifting to look nice for women, since I think most find a really muscular guy unappealling. Or that's what they say, anyway. They could all just be liars instead.

prof
01-16-2004, 03:07 AM
unless your girl is on the cover of "muscle and fiction hers" then she can feel a little insecure about your perfect midsection compared to hers. I read a survey in some womens magazines where they reckoned that Crowe in Gladiator was more appealing than some ripped up guy, remember the EAS ad where the guy gradually cuts to about 6% across the page most girls liked the 1st one,.............so I'm bulking ;)

PizDoff
01-16-2004, 07:21 AM
Re: women.
I believe they like males to look "natural." That is my personal preference as well.
I don't like too much makeup. Then again I'm not sure we speak the same language.
:D

"Ready a study one time and women find guys w/ slight love handles to be extremely sexy. Just goes to show men will never figure out women."

LOL. Love handles as in hips?

prof
01-16-2004, 09:12 AM
love handles= fat on the sides of your body that hang down over the hips, stick out over your boxers

PizDoff
01-16-2004, 10:17 AM
!

Good thing I don't have those!
:D

harryhoudini66
01-19-2004, 02:10 PM
Can't you read mister-cant you read?