PDA

View Full Version : Can't seem to cut out carbs

Davy
01-15-2004, 05:29 AM
I've got a problem cutting out carbs , im thinking about cutting again and i made me a sample diet.
Most of the carbs come from 8 sandwiches ill packing at work and then again have rice or potatoes at home.
What can i subsitute for the sandwiches and the rice and still keep the calls from it , together its about 800cals.
I want to aim below 200gr carbs/day so fatloss will be a bit better or am i mistaking here ???

This is what i ate today
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Davy

Isaac Wilkins
01-15-2004, 08:22 AM
Use some sort of container to bring meat and eggs with you. One of the bigger issues with a low carb diet is that it's sort of inconvenient. Are you looking for something lower carb, or a straight up keto diet?

Davy
01-16-2004, 12:41 AM
No , just lowering my carb intake a bit , no keto diet.
I dont realy know how much of carbs to eat for a good cut and still keep my strength ... even gain it !

Im playing football so strenght is realy important to me , gaining mass is no bad thing.

I dont know how much time it will take till i'll reach %15BF , im around 23%BF now.
I used to be a realy fat kid in my jonger days , so the fat im still having is realy stuborn , especialy on the thighs and legs , belly also.

What type of diet , what macroutr. ration should i get to cut off to 15% in the fast possible way and still keep my muscles and strenght?

My previous cuts always me me shrink and my strenght went drasticly down :(

Saint Patrick
01-16-2004, 01:41 AM
I'm cutting for a contest right now, and I've had some success cuttting in the past.

Here's my fitday Journal for what it's worth.

http://206.66.240.45/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=stpatrick44

Davy
01-16-2004, 03:39 AM
Woow , you can survive on that ?? It's not many food that your taking in.

Tho carbs are moderate , thats what i need also , have to find a way to do it.

Stpatrick : what was your max %BF you lost on such a cut diet like the one in your fitday journal ??? I assume you cant do this for months ?

Keep it up !

Davy

Saint Patrick
01-16-2004, 01:36 PM
The Entry from 1/14 was just from half a day if that's what you're referring to.

I eat every 3-4 hours, so I'm never hungry.

On My cut a year ago, I went from 19% to about 9%. Took me 6 months. This time I'm only cutting for about 4 mos, doing more cardio.

Cheers.

trwebb26
01-16-2004, 04:57 PM
How about dump the crazy amount of carbs in that protein drink you have... I'm sure they included those as a POST workout carb source to replensh glycogen stores. If you want a better handle on it... Have one of those shakes post workout and for your other protein serving - drink something without the carbs. That'll save you what... 26g of carbs!