PDA

View Full Version : Going on a Cutting Diet

Mademan118
01-16-2004, 07:30 PM
I know you guys are all tired of seeing the same thread title and everything but please bare with me. Im not a complete noob to lifting and diet and what ever. I did bulk up during summer for football gaining a nice 20 pounds. I usually end up running it off during the season. Well this year i didnt play and i gained all that weight and never lost it. now i need to lose this weight and get down tot about 160-70. Im 185-190 right now. I honestly have no clue on how to come up with a diet. I know you should take in 10x12 calories based your bodyweight, so around 1850-2220 calories per day. 1.5-2 grams of protien per bdyweight. so around 185 to 250 grams a day. I have read about 40/40/20 diets. Basically if someone can jus help or direct me in the right path and help me come up with a diet i would really appreciate it.I plan on starting this diet on the 26th after exams. I also lift 4 times a week ( 4 day spilt) and am goign to start running on the 26th. help!

Mademan118
01-16-2004, 09:24 PM
basically my qestion is also: How do you gusy go about makin a cutting diet? I mean i have no idea where to start.

Mademan118
01-16-2004, 10:07 PM
1: Protien Shake, raspberries, pint of milk, strawberries, and 2 scoops whey protien with, one cup of oatmeal.
2: 6 oz chicken, 2 oz (before cooking so will be more after) of brown rice, broccoli or salad
3:Tuna Sandwich, 2 oz white rice (whats the difference between white?) salad
4: 6 oz of checkin, 2 oz white rice and salad.
5: Small tin of tuna, and salad and some nuts

That was my diet i was going to cut on. I was totally set and started it. Quit when school started. Why? You get a big ass ticket if you are caught eatting, and lets say im not the smallest quietest guy in the world. I want to try it again. Also my parents are going on a diet they would be keepin control of what i eat. Meal 3 is my lunch so i can anything really. Meal one is my Breakfast.

For Meal one can I jus have 2 scoops Whey and skim milk? i did the who shake thing with strawberries and raspberries and damn was it nasty. Also with the oats i guess i can add it to the drink. How is that?

FOr meal 2 what i could i put in for all that. It has to be small and ihave to be able to take it school. I seriously want to lose weight and i want to cut but school is the problem. Should i switch 2 and 3? For the Tuna Sandwich that would work but i cant have all the rice and salad and everything. What can i put in for the salad and rice? I was thinkin of a Power bar or something... but idk really know.

Meal 4 is fine thats around my dinner/after school. I Will be having a post work out shake of 2 scoops of protien. Should i mix it with water or skim milk? I always drank it with milk before.

Meal 5 isnt a problem but is a salad really nessecary? thats 3 salads that day, which equals 21 a week which equals alot money id ont have. Money is a problem here and i do have a job but i also have bills (insurance and car and gas). I will be able to work it in though if no other.

So tahts what i have to ask. Last time i came up with this diet it equated to:
Cals: 1740
Protein: 186 grams (45%)
Carbs: 159 grams (35%)
Fat: 35 grams (19%)
I believe that was a rough estimate. Again The only problem i have is meals 2/3 and maybe 4 because of school. I dont think 4 will be that big of a problem though. I jus need a small meal 2 that will be jus as good. So if you can please help me i would appreciate it.

Mademan118
01-16-2004, 10:08 PM
IM OPEN TO ANYTHING!!!!! I jus want to start a diet sooN!

Saint Patrick
01-16-2004, 10:17 PM
Do a Search for "cutting".

Mademan118
01-16-2004, 10:38 PM
okay i jus did a search and i honestly came up with journals. How does the the diet above look? INstead of white rice ill do brown rice and im throwin in a shake after 5th meal before bed.

Thunderstorm
01-17-2004, 05:54 PM
While we're at it, what's a good substitute for tuna? I can't stand tuna.

Dedicated
01-17-2004, 11:37 PM
While we're at it, what's a good substitute for tuna? I can't stand tuna.
Turkey.

Thunderstorm
01-18-2004, 07:35 PM
Thanks. Turkey I can handle.