PDA

View Full Version : pretty simple question

warreport
01-16-2004, 10:29 PM
if im going on a cutiting diet with a 40-40-20 breakdown, is that in refrence to grams or calories. Example hypothetically im on a 2000 cal diet. should i do 200 protein 200 carb 100 g fat, or is it calories from where the grams of fat would be arouond 45-50? I knwo this may sound stupid but i cant figure it out?

defcon
01-17-2004, 12:27 PM
its the % calories.. 40% of calories from protein and carbs, 20% from fat.

if your cutting i would try a 45% protein 25% carb and 30% fat tho.. with carbs comng mostly around training.

warreport
01-17-2004, 01:34 PM
thanks, 1 more question? carbs centered around trainign meaning with my pre workout meal, and my recovery shake. shuold i consume other carbs during the day at all. I was thinking maybe oats in the morning, then no carbs except for pre and post workout? does that sound like a sound plan.

mmckinley
01-19-2004, 02:06 PM
Definately consume carbs throughout the day. Have low-moderate glycemic index carbs during the day and high GI carbs before and after workouts. Ive seen people.

Low GI carbs are things with lotsa fiber, apples, pears, sweet potatos, oatmeal, whole wheat etc. High GI foods are things like sugar, refined grains, white rice etc. There's a website that lists most foods' GIs if you do a search. Also keep in mid that eating fats and protein can somewhat lower the GI of a carb source.

Saint Patrick
01-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Definately consume carbs throughout the day. Have low-moderate glycemic index carbs during the day and high GI carbs before and after workouts.

:withstupi