PDA

View Full Version : How much body fat will I gain?

cwm
01-18-2004, 04:12 PM
I am eating very similarly to most of the people here. Trying to keep carbs down and eating lots and lots of protein and working out 4 times a week. However I just started this diet/ work out. And I am worried about gaining too much body fat. I am 6'2 185lbs but i have a fairly high body fat percentage and not a lot of muscle. Should I be doing lots of cardio? If so how often. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. Im a n00b to this stuff.

raniali
01-18-2004, 04:38 PM
count your calories. try fitday.com if you don't keep a journal. if you are eating more calories than you used to and not doing enough exercise, you will gain fat. if your diet and training is solid, then you will likely be quick to gain muscle while losing fat. but since muscle is more dense than fat, you might actually think you are gaining fat judging by weight alone. get a bodyfat test (ask a trainer at your gym) and keep track of your measurements for the best indicators of progress.

additionally, i can not over-state the importance of maintaining a food journal. if you are not producing the results you want, the only way to effectively modify your current regimen is to know what you are doing in the first place.