PDA

View Full Version : UD2 Carb Load

EdgarMex
01-19-2004, 03:38 PM
I've been cutting for a bit over to weeks and I'm trying to get to 9-10%. Currently I'm sitting around 16% according to the skinfold mesaurements I took yesterday.

I've read Lyle McDonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0 book a couple of times and I plan on switching to that diet in a couple of weeks, but I have some questions.

The low carb days are no problem, I got both the diet and routine figured out.

I can only workout at 7:30 in the morning (or earlier) or at 9:30 at night (or later), so for the final depletion workout I'm not sure if I should do it on thursday night (as it says on the book) and take the post workout drink and maybe 1 meal before bed, or do the workout on Friday morning, carb up all day and may be part of saturday morning and then do the power workout on Saturday around mid-day or early afternoon.

About the diet for that same day, the book recommends consuming glucose and maybe sucrose over fructose, but it doesn't specify what kinds of foods have glucose or sucrose and I'm a bit lost there. Could somebody give me a list of what foods should I be focusing on for the carb load?

Thanks in advance for any answers, comments and suggestions. :)

fuzz
01-19-2004, 03:44 PM
For the final depletion, just do whatever works. The key is getting the carbs in...if you do it thurs night, just get a huge shake with at least 150 grams of malto/dextrose in it.

Good carb sources are bagels, pasta, rice, breads, potatoes, milk, oatmeal, etc. Basically, all the clean carbs you would eat on a bulk. Fructose is found in a lot of junk food, especially candy and soda.

EdgarMex
01-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Thanks for que quick answer. It pretty much clears everything up :) :thumbup:

TheGimp
01-19-2004, 04:05 PM
I'd do it thursday night and get in plenty of carbs. Sucrose is table sugar so in ingredients it will just say "sugar" - this is half glucose(?) half fructose. Dextrose is another form of glucose, I think that's what he means when he says glucose polymers (maltodextrin also?). As fuzz says fructose is generally found in junk food in the form of plain old sugar or things like high fructose corn syrup. Its nice to be able to have some junk food, just don't over do it.

AJ_11
01-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Fructose is not just found in candy, and junk food it is the sugerthat is found in fruit. Suger is half glucose and half fructose. Most junk foods contain, suger or sucrose.

The reason that too much fructose is not idea is cause it refills liver glycoogen rather than muscle glycogen,

EdgarMex
01-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the info, Gimp and AJ :)

Shao-LiN
01-21-2004, 02:27 AM
And if all else fails...go to bodyrecomposition.com and ask Lyle himself.

iLUDEd
01-26-2004, 12:39 PM
theres a variation of the diet in the book where u can move the final depletion workout to friday morning and use thursday as an extra low calorie and cardio day.