PDA

View Full Version : Help.. Too much protien??

virus
01-19-2004, 05:18 PM
Hello, not sure which forum to put this in, so I just put it in here..

I am starting a new routine/diet tomorrow. I am 6'3" 225lbs and 18 years old, about to be 19. I've got muscle, but still have some fat. Not like a huge gut or anything, but a fat spot lol. Im sorta looking to to lose fat, while keeping all my muscle, if not gain some.

This is my routine (I'll get to the diet in a sec)
Mon- Arm/Shoulder workouts first (rest of time other stuff)
Tues- Running 30 min
Wed- Chest/Back/Abs workouts first (rest of time other stuff)
Thurs- Running 30 min
Fri- Lower body workouts first (rest of time for other stuff)
Sat- Running 30 min
Sun- Rest

On the weight days, heres something like what I was thinking for my diet:
1. Wake up at 6am, take San v12, multivitamin, and 1 scoop ON Whey with 2 cups of lowfat milk.
2. At 10am - 1 scoop of ON Whey w/ water pre workout, 2 scoops w/ water post workout.
3. 2:30pm - Healthy Choice microwavable or some lean Tuna Helper w/ a load of tuna, or something with about 300-400 cals and 30+ grams of protien.
4. Dinner 6:30 - Brown rice with 2-3 boneless chicken breasts.
5. Pre-sleep 11pm - 1 scoop of ON Whey with 2 cups of lowfat milk or some cottage cheese or something.

How does that sound?
What should I change? Seems like its alot of protien.. around 220 grams a day.. but I do weigh 225, so is it alright?

It seems like a high protien clean diet to me. Should I expect fat loss and muscle gain?

Wu36
01-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Fat loss and muscle gain... its possible just not all that likely. Fat loss while retaining LBM is a more plausible goal. How many cals are you taking in everyday?

mikey4402
01-19-2004, 05:31 PM
seems like your relying on protein powder too much, try to get some more whole food in there, 220 grams of protien isnt too much at your weight, you want to aim at 1-1.5 grams per pound of body weight.watch some out for some of them healthy choices they are loaded with sodium.

what "other stuff" do you do day?

virus
01-19-2004, 05:35 PM
Hey thanks for the comments.

The "other stuff" would be exercises of other muscle groups, whenever I got done with my primary targeted ones for the day. Like if it was Monday and I got done with my intense arms/shoulders workout, and I still had some time, I'd probably do some calf raises, or just other muscle groups.

The reason I like the protien shakes, is cause the ON one is low on calories with a good amount of protien per scoop. I don't want to overload on calories, cause im sorta trying to cut. I've lost fat and gained muscle in the past. Im pretty sure I can do it again. I dunno if its just me or a misconceptions of mine, but I can lose fat and gain muscle really easily. Not easily, but I see results within weeks when I try.

warreport
01-19-2004, 11:35 PM
your probably not really gaining muscle, but just having more visible muscle because your body fat % is dropping. You cant bulk and cut at the same time

virus
01-20-2004, 06:22 AM
That may be, but then why am I continually being able to increase how much I lift? I know that I am getting stronger and that I am losing fat. Maybe its not a big increase in muscle, but it is increasing.

IronDaddy
01-20-2004, 10:23 AM
That may be, but then why am I continually being able to increase how much I lift? I know that I am getting stronger and that I am losing fat. Maybe its not a big increase in muscle, but it is increasing.

At your age and experience this is quite possible. However the most efficient process is to focus on cutting then bulking or vice versa.