PDA

View Full Version : Need some help setting up a diet plan

dxiw
01-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Hi, everyone. Before I begin my post I'd like to say that I have been using the routines on WannaBeBig for years and very happy with them, I cannot thank you more. To introduce myself, I am a 17year old male and I've been working out since my 13th birthday.

Unfortunatly, the past couple months have been extremely stressful and busy for me and I have not had the time to lift much. Luckily, when I worked out for the first time again yesterday my lifts were still decent I was working 3-4 reps benching 205. A decrease from 245 but not too terrible. Anyways, this is not the point of my post...

My question is that before this terrible 3-4 month period my body looked relatively great, I was not very big only 15" arms but I had some nice definition (I could see 4 abs and 6 if I flexed really hard). However, over this period I have gained a tremendous amount of bodyfat (its not that much, it just feels like it). When I look in the mirror I feel angry and I would like to correct that. My arms have dropped to about 14.5ish inches and I have no abs showing relaxed and 2 with barely 4 flexing.

Now I am very motivated to get my original body back and even much better, I would really like to have some abs showing relaxed and a nice 6pack flexed. I am not very familiar with dieting and I would be eternally grateful if somebody could help me. I am willing to work as hard as possible to decrease this bodyfat. My goal is to be down to my original definition in about a month, and start to see nice cuts in about two months. As far as physical fitness, I like running and I can run a mile in about 7:30.

Once again, thanks and I'd greatly appreciate any help I can get. I feel so embarassed to take my shirt off in front of girls, its probably all mental but still I'd like to rid myself of it. I am motivated and ready to do whatever extreme it may take, so please if you have any ideas help me. I would do anything for some help setting up a good diet plan. Also, what workout should I follow to get cut? I don't care much about size now, I just want to be nicely cut in 1-2months.

More about me: 5'11', 190lb, 2abs showing flexed, 14.5in arms

geoffgarcia
01-22-2004, 12:37 PM
dxiw 1-2 months is an unrealistic time frame to see much of a difference in your body.

If your goal is to lose or gain weight the most important thing is to know what is going into your body. Guesstimating doesn't cut it.
Invest in a diet tracking program and monitor what you eat for 1 month, then come back and post your weekly average intakes for proteins/fats/carbs and calories
that will give us a good idea of where your at and how your diet can be modified.

Telling someone what to eat is an effort in futility imho.
If your looking for staples for a good diet then
protein: fish, chicken, turkey, protein powders
fats: fish caps, olive oil, flax/hemp oil, grapeseed extra, nuts
carbs: oats
supps: creatine

best of luck

dxiw
01-22-2004, 03:23 PM
well my diet now is complete crap...no breakfast, lunch is always fast food, dinner is good - vegetables and meat/fish

what would be a realistic time period?

geoffgarcia
01-22-2004, 03:43 PM
dx, my bad, I didn't read all the way through about your goals.
Its possible to get back to where you were in that time frame most likely.
work on your diet and get a good workout like WBB#1 and you'll be there in no time at all!

dxiw
01-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Ok, great! So, I'm thinking about this for diet:

Breakfast - protein shake and a banana w/5g glutamine
Lunch - ham sandwich w/diet soda
After school - fruit or salad with some chicken/ham
Post workout - designer whey protein shake and a couple fruits w/5g glutamine
Dinner - low carb lots of chicken/fish/etc.
Before bed - 5g of glutamine

does that look ok?

USC Ed
01-28-2004, 12:18 AM
Change the diet soda for water or milk. Diet still = high in sguar.