PDA

View Full Version : The Start of my Journey

IntensityofNick
01-23-2004, 04:07 PM
Hey guys. How is everyone? Well, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nick and I'm from Las Vegas, Nevada. I'm just turned 16 in October and I'm a Sophmore in High school.

Just a little about myself, I am a huge rap fan. I enjoy some alternative and light metal as well but it's hip-hop for me.

I've been interested in weight training since about 7th grade but I didn't know what I was doing, lol. I'd try and bench press about 20 pounds laying on the floor in my room, haha. Well, that was 3 years ago and here I am now. I started getting soft in the mid-section and I decided that for my 2004 New years resolution I'm going to get rid of it ;) I'm 6'2(I forget how close I am to 6'3 but almost there) and 235 pounds. I'm here to start my journal and it began as of Wednesday, so get ready for a :newbie: because I'm going to do this.

My goals as far as looks is to get a better body. lol, what more can I say? I've heard that you guys don't like the word toned so I'll try and refrain from using that one ;).

I'm a bit whipped, so I'll have to get my other goals up later so yeah. Im going to start with Wednesday as that began my long road into weight training. Again, I really admie some of you guys that have been at it and I hope I'm welcomed. Have a great day fellas.

IntensityofNick
01-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Day One - Leg Day(1/21/04) ~ 15 minutes
Squats
4 Sets of 6 - Complete
65 pounds(25 on each side + bar)
Lunges
4 Sets of 6 - Complete
40 pounds(2 on each)
Calf Raises
4 Sets of 6 - Complete
Sleep
Approx 10 PM - 6 AM

IntensityofNick
01-23-2004, 04:09 PM
Day Two - Rest Day(1/22/04)
Extra
Ran the mile(4 laps) in 12:15 <----- Improve this.
Sleep
Approx 12 AM - 6 AM

Day One - Chest and Tricep Day(1/23/04) ~ 30 minutes
Bench Press
4 Sets of 6 - Complete
Dumbell Fly
4 Sets of 6 - Complete
10 pounds(2 on each) :( :( :(
Close-Grip Bench Press
4 Sets of 6 - Complete
Tricep Extentions
4 Sets of 6 - Complete
20 pounds
Extra
Today in PE, we did Sit-Ups, Push-Ups, and Box Jumps in one minute. Unfortunatly we didn't have time for Box Jumps so that's on Monday.
Sit Ups: 41 in 60 seconds
Push Ups: 20 in 60 seconds
Box Jumps: Monday my friend :ninja:

IntensityofNick
01-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Well, that's where I stand right now. Tommorow morning is Shoulder day, so that should be fun. I'm going to start getting my diet up here as well so I can keep track of that. Thanks again guys and have a good one.

JeffWillConquer
01-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Lookin good homie. Just remember not to ever give up. Whether it's on a rep, or on lifting in general. Mind over matter. Lift big son!