PDA

View Full Version : 6'3" - 225lbs (semi-newb) what do you think?

viper311
01-25-2004, 11:36 PM
Hey Everyone,

Im 6'3" - 225lbs and 18 years old. I started lifting on and off for a year, and just got sorta serious the past 5 months, lifting 3 times a week. I take 2 scoops of ON 100% whey after my workouts with water. I try to eat healthy and get all my protien each day, but that doesn't work out alot of the time. I sorta wanted to know if I should build up anything else from the pics, or should I cut? I want to get really lean before summer.

All I've been using is a set of interchangable dumbbells. I used the exrx.net site for all the dumbbell exercises.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Saint Patrick
01-25-2004, 11:40 PM
Looking good let's see the lower half.

JeffWillConquer
01-26-2004, 05:17 PM
Can you deadlift and squat with dumbells? Get a bar. Lookin good though.

viper311
01-26-2004, 11:33 PM
Hey,

Thanks for the compliments.

Yeah I know that I should be definitely doing leg exercises. I want a full muscular body, not just an upper. I've done some dumbbell lunges on and off, but no squats. I am a stocker, so my legs are by no means small due to lifting up lots of heavy boxes. My calves are formed pretty well too, the left/right side of the muscle. I joined a brazilian jiu jitsu/muy thai kickboxing/vale tudo school today. They have a decent sized gym which I will be using specifically for my legs and chest. Well, today was cool at the bjj school. We did about 25-30 min running/stretching/cardio before the actual lessons, so its probably going to lean me up a bit. The bjj moves really strain your whole body. My back/arms/shoulders are really sore right now. Im gonna be doing the martial arts 2 days a week, muscle building 3 days a week, and add some cardio in here and there on off days.

I want to cut about 20-25lbs of fat before June w/o losing any muscle (btw I am at 219lbs now, using lipoderm ultra). Then I want to maintain it by mid summer, in which then I will start a very strict/clean bulk w/ intense weight workouts for about 6-7 months. I'd like to be 225-230lbs, very ripped and muscular, but yeah I know, that will take a while.

Thanks for the compliments.