PDA

View Full Version : Westside for lower body

Saint Patrick
01-27-2004, 12:11 AM
Lets say I wanted to do Westside for improving my Squatting/Lower body strength, but use a different routine for upper body.

Would there be anything wrong w/ that?

Saturday Fever
01-27-2004, 12:50 AM
As long as you did a ME or DE Sq/DL day every otjer day, then no. Can I ask why you'd want such a thing?

Saint Patrick
01-27-2004, 01:19 AM
I was asking out of curiosity more than anything. I'm playing around with Ideas for a new routine when I start my next bulk

My legs are pretty thick, and I know I have the potential to hit a 405lb squat. I need to work on form, and technique.

I'm happy with my upper body strength though, and I'd rather train for hypertrophy above the waist.

Make sense?

AstronautJones
01-27-2004, 03:27 AM
Train for hypertrophy above the waist!? C'mon now, you know better than to make newbie statements like that!

Saint Patrick
01-27-2004, 03:50 AM
Train for hypertrophy above the waist!? C'mon now, you know better than to make newbie statements like that!

lol yeah I suppose I deserve to be flamed for that.

Another problem is that I don't have a training partner, so board presses would be a bit of a problem, as would Max Effort Bench.

I'm open to suggestion, I just want to get some ideas from experienced PL'ers on how to bring my squat up. I like the Idea of light speed squats once a week, and Heavy low-rep squatting another day of the week.

Keep in mind I've been doing nothing but bodybuilding up until now, and I'll admit I know jack sh!t about powerlifting.