PDA

View Full Version : Meal replacements

DoubleD
01-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Which ones have you tried and how did you like them. I am lookin for a one that tastes good and is around 20-40 bucks. Any suggestions

Budiak
01-28-2004, 05:50 AM
Ummm...I've of course taken myoplex. Strawberry is my favorite flavor out of all of them, strangely enough, but for the most part they're not very filling and not really a 'replacement.' The packets that you mix yourself are much better in that you can mix them with milk, etc, but they start taking on the texture of wet cement before long. Its tricky.

I use NLarge, which is a weightgainer, but I suppose it can be called a meal replacement. Pretty filling...I guess. Tastes kinda chalky though, unless you mix very, very thoroughly. May need hot water.

Meal replacement bars all suck. All of them. Taste like pressed and formed sheep ass.

Holto
01-28-2004, 06:56 AM
look for one with whey,casein,egg

like atlarge.com

IronDaddy
01-28-2004, 08:01 AM
http://www.atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php/products_id/2

Ebu
01-28-2004, 08:07 AM
I have started using the Met-Rx original meal replacement. I like it so far, but you have to get used to it compared to regular protein shakes. It's THICK, like almost cake batter thick, but just down it, and it fills you right up. I eat it for breakfast, so m body can break down the protein all day. You can find it for around 50 bucks, and its a BIG 6.5 lb tub, so it lasts a while too.