PDA

View Full Version : Final Cutting Diet (with calculations)- Please make comments

dxiw
01-28-2004, 10:55 PM
I'm 185lb 17yr old male looking to reduce bf%, currently 15-20%

Proposed Diet, starting tommorrow, please critique:

7AM (breakfast)
Shake - 2 scoops designer whey, 1 banana, 1 cup milk
1/2 cup of oatmeal
C70 P48

10AM (snack)
Protein Bar
C29 P30

12:45PM (lunch)
2 Wraps - 2 tortillas, 1 chicken breast (cut up), spinach leaves, peanut butter
C35 P50

4PM (non workout days)
1 Salmon Package, 1/2 cup brown rice
C35 P35

5PM (post workout)
2 Scoops designer whey, 1 cup orange juice
C35 P35

7-8PM (dinner)
1 chicken breast/fish fillet, 1/2 cup brown rice
C35 P40

10PM (before bed)
1/2 chicken breast
C0 P20

Total:
C204 P223

water for all drinks

should I have any lower carbs / more protein or is that good? Also, I need to throw a little fat in there, what should I do?

dxiw
01-28-2004, 10:59 PM
my old diet was complete crap
coffee breakfast, mcdonalds/subway/taco bell/wendys lunch, lots of fruit, high carb dinner

I'm looking to get down to 10% bf over the next few months and maintain muscle as much as possible, currently benching 1Rm of 230-240 and about 2 abs showing flexed.

dxiw
01-29-2004, 04:25 PM
anybody, please????????

BTW the Fat is approx. 50-70g i think so total cals is about 2100-2300

Behemoth
01-29-2004, 04:39 PM
I don't see any healthy fats/EFA's in there.

dxiw
01-29-2004, 04:45 PM
what should I do for the fats? Also, should I remove some carbs? I have flax seed oil and some other good fat stuff. I've been lifting for 3 years always trying to bulk/gain muscle this is the first time I want to get seriously cut, so please help me out. Thanks bro. what ratio shuld i aim for?

Behemoth
01-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Ya, take the flax. Some other good sources are: Olive oil, natural peanut butter, nuts, and fish oil.

Ratio isn't that important just so long as you're getting 1 gram/lb of bodyweight in protein and enough quality fats (at least 20% of your calories from fats). Carbs are just a filler. If you find yourself hungry all the time, perhaps cut some of the carbs and replace them with protein or fat (as they are more hunger satiating). If you find yourself terribly lethargic all the time perhaps add some more carbs as they are generally the most redily used source of energy in your body.

Also remember to add/drop calories slowly when readjusting. And drink plenty of water. A good multivitmin would be a helpful supplement during a cut as your body may not be getting all the vitamins and minerals it needs since it's in a calorie deficit. A salad a day couldn't hurt either, I usually eat a fair sized salad at least once a day and it helps with hunger and adds very very few calories when you don't top it with anything.

All in all your diet looks decent. Make the few tweaks suggested and just play it by ear.