PDA

View Full Version : Not another EFA question!!!

Silverback
01-30-2004, 12:59 PM
What up fella's

Ive got a question regarding EFA's. Would it be okay to consume all of them from oils?

Im currently eating all my fats (other than natural sources from meat) in the form of oil:

Cod Liver Oil
Flax Oil
Hemp Oil
MSM oil

These all contain the whole range of omega's, my only concern is will taking in all my fats from oils be detrimental to my health? the main reason im doing it is to aid my health, but if im doing something stupid then give us a shout

B-R

geoffgarcia
01-30-2004, 01:58 PM
its my understanding that you need to achieve a certain ratio of 3's to 6's
mixing up the stack with fish/hemp/flax/msm will make it tough to calculate those ratios....I could be way off though....
hemp oil rocks:)
I've got a fatty bottle in my fridge

ElPietro
01-30-2004, 02:07 PM
Just keep in mind that every gram of fat or oil you take in is 9 calories, other than that, it shouldn't matter. I'm not sure what other form you could possibly take it in anyway, it's all still fat in one way or another, whether it comes in a gel cap, a nut, fish, or a bottle.

Silverback
01-30-2004, 02:48 PM
Alright, cool.

I'll continue what im doing at present, although when consuming flax/pumpkin seeds you get some carbs, protein and fibre. So i may alternate those in every so often. So long as it keeps my health benefits im not too fussed.

cheers guys

Maxgain
01-31-2004, 04:31 AM
its my understanding that you need to achieve a certain ratio of 3's to 6's
mixing up the stack with fish/hemp/flax/msm will make it tough to calculate those ratios....I could be way off though....
hemp oil rocks:)
I've got a fatty bottle in my fridge

Yeah they recommend 3:5/1:2 O3:O6, but people take in so much omega 6 in their diet normally their ratio is way off and it most likely would be helpful to try and increase omega 3s mainly as omega 6s are found in all packaged and processed foods. The best source of omega 3s is fish oils