PDA

View Full Version : to much sugarless gum?

furious
01-31-2004, 06:59 AM
hey,

alright, i have cut and i have now been maintaining a low weight for a while now. my diet has been clean and constant, yet i chew roughly 180-200 cals of sugarless gum daily, much of which contains aspartame. I have found ive lost some facial defintion recently(i model), and i was wondering if it would be possible to regain my definition if i cut out the gum, or if this is even the cause? any advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated. thanks alot.

defcon
01-31-2004, 09:16 AM
thas like.. 90 sticks of gum :| thas like.. 7 peices of gum every waking hour :|

furious
01-31-2004, 10:11 AM
thas like.. 90 sticks of gum :| thas like.. 7 peices of gum every waking hour :|

Thank you for the accurate assessment of my consumption. Having said that, coul you please tryo t answer my specific question. Would my face go back to normal without alot of cutting otherwise or loss of weight if I cut out the gum?

Budiak
01-31-2004, 10:35 AM
Sugarless gum tends to contain a lot of sugar alcohols, namely sorbitol. Sorbitol is notorious for kicking people out of ketosis when they're on keto, so its avoided like the plague. I almost never chew sugarless gum or eat sugar free candy or eat sugar free protein bars because the sugar alcohols, in large volume, tend to cause me to hold a lot of water. Eat a sugar free protein bar and you're sucking down 17-30 grams of sugar alcohols. 300 calories of sugar free gum a day is going to be absolutely loaded with them.

You're probably holding a little subcutaneous water. Either drastically cut down on your gum habit or just start chewing the real deal. Chew Bubbleyum instead. A piece or two of bubbleyum will last wayyyy longer than a pack of trident, and the calories wont add up to be anything major until you are pounding a pack at a time.

Also, drink more water. Everybody should drink more water.