PDA

View Full Version : Get Big

deejaylj
02-02-2004, 07:55 AM
I have been following these steps for a while and it seems to really be workin. just thought id get it on here incase you didnt know any of it.

step 1: TAKE GLUTAMINE AS SOON AS YOU WAKE UP
Because cortisol (catabolic hormone) peaks during the night and although it serves a function shutting off its release will help you grow. taking glutamin first thing will help satisfy your body's amino acid need without tapping into your muscle.

Take 5g glutamine as soon as you wake

step 2: EAT A HIGH PROTEIN BREAKFAST WITH CARBS
You should all know why....

step 3: DRINK A PREWORKOUT SHAKE:
20-40G of whey protein isolates with 40-80g carbs (suppose you can have more if you are massive lol)

step 4: VOLUMISE BEFORE YOU WORKOUT:
You should take creatine and glutamine and drink plenty of water before you train. Glutamine and creatine help pump your muscle cells full of water,the best part is these compunds work though different mechanisms so even when your muscles cant hold any more glutamine they can still hold more creatine. In theory this means you get an even bigger stretch for the outer sheaths of your muscle cells leading to growth.
take 3-5g of creatine and 5g glutamine and drink a litre of water about an hour b4 you train.

step 5: DRINK A POSTWORKOUT SHAKE:
After you train you should always have a protein and carb drink handy to boost your recovery
20-40g whey 40-80g carbs

step 6:TAKE CREATINE WITH YOUR POSTWORKOUT SHAKE:
Taking creatine with your shake is advantagous in two ways,
first, exercised muscle takes up creatine better so less is wasted
second, the blood insulin spike you get from protein and carbs dramatically improves net creatine uptake into muscle fibres, the upshot is more creatine in each muscle fibre at saturation and a bigger ,tighter muscle

step 7: TAKE AN INSULIN MIMICKER WITH YOUR POSTWORKOUT SHAKE
Insulin is an anabolic hormone that drives the synthesis of muscle protein from both the inside and outside of your muscles. From the outside it helps get the important nutrients out of your blood and into your muscle, it opens the doors to let creatine,amino acid and glucose in-all these are essential for muscle growth. From the inside of the muscle ,insulin starts the building process that turns those nutrients into muscle. the more insulin released from your pancreas after your workout the better muscle growth.
EITHER TAKE :300-600mg of 4-hydroxyisoleucine OR 200-1000mg of ALA OR 50-100mg of d-pinitol OR 1-3g of taurine.

step 8: TAKE HMB OR LEUCINE WITH POSTWORKOUT SHAKE
These are anti-catabolics to help stop the break down of muscles
take 2-4g of HMB immediately after your workout making sure to get about 10g total spread over the day,alternatively take 3-5g of leucine.

step 9: TAKE ANTIOXIDANTS AFTER YOUR WORKOUT
Antioxidants scoop up the tissue detroying radicals to prevent damage to the muscle and other tissues.they also help prevent the negative effect that the radicals have on your anabolic hormaones with are essential for muscle growth.
Take 400i.u of vitamin E 500mg of vitamin C ,15mg of lycopene and 500mg of curcumin(from tumeric extract).

step 10: DRINK A LATE NIGHT PROTEIN SHAKE WITH A LITTLE FIBRE AND ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS:
Take upto 50g of protein add about 5g fibre and 10g healthy fats such as flaxseed oil.

hope this helps if you didnt already know...L J

ElPietro
02-02-2004, 08:59 AM
Please don't take this in the wrong way, but it seems like you have been "duped" by the supplement industry. If you think anything other than maybe a good multi-vitamin, and perhaps protein to supplement your existing diet is necessary, then you probably need to read less magazine adds.

I say this because judging by your 10 steps you probably spend a small fortune on these various supps, and probably gaining little to no benefit from the majority of them. If I were a supplement company trying to trick kids into buying as much of my product as possible, I don't think I could write anything better than what you posted to get them to open their wallets.

So please don't take offense, I just think that while supplements have their place, I didn't notice anywhere in your ten steps is there a listing for, "eat a balanced diet of real food," and "train hard." These two steps will account for 95% of your gains, the ten steps you listed might account for 5%...if you are lucky.

deejaylj
02-02-2004, 09:51 AM
i got tht lot for well cheap mate check http://www.hollandandbarratt.co.uk

honestly try it it made a lot of difference. (i didnt believe it till i did)

Scott S
02-02-2004, 12:35 PM
I'm with LP. Your post makes it sound like you will shrivel up and die if you don't take every precious supplement at the exact time.

Hooey!

shootermcgavin7
02-02-2004, 04:46 PM
I think he makes some very good points. The main supplements he mentions are 1) protein 2) creatine and 3) Vitamin C.

While 95% of the supplements on the market are absolute crap, I think there is a lot of benefit to found in those three that the original poster mentioned. I agree with the responses that the rest of the supplements mentioned are perhaps a little extreme; I personally have found no use (especially for the cost) for glutamine.

ElPietro
02-03-2004, 07:34 AM
One thing I meant to say, is I'm sure this all does make a difference. But of the 10lbs of supplements you take daily, which ones are really the supps that are making that difference. I'd wager it's only the protein, creatine and maybe the vitamins, as shooter said. These are all things that you get from a balanced diet. So food supplements I feel are good, because they help you stick to a good eating schedule. All the other crap is just that, crap. With your methodology, you are just bombarding yourself with so much and not really knowing what's working and what's not.

I also shudder to think at what some of the potential negative synergies could be from combining so many different things together. But that's just me.