PDA

View Full Version : women and CKD

fitnessmiss
02-02-2004, 05:56 PM
hi everyone, quick question, is CKD a good idea for women to cut with? I am 5'2 and 115 pds. I am wondering what you all think about cutting with a CKD diet for a fitness/figure competion in 15 weeks.... thanks

raniali
02-02-2004, 06:02 PM
first - are you fitness or figure? i ask because you will lose a lot of energy on a keto diet that could be vitally important to fitness routine training. a ckd can be an effective diet -- so can a balanced 40/30/30 split. you should minimize cardio and training on a ckd so depending on how much you have to lose and what you really want to look like at the end, ckd may not be the best idea.

fitnessmiss
02-02-2004, 07:11 PM
thanks for the reply...
I am planning to compete in both fitness and figure. I need to drop about 10% bodyfat and 15 pds of fat (in 15 weeks) I am 115 pds, and 19% bf. I am not too worried about lack of energy for training my routine, I just want a diet I know will work. I have done low carb once before for 3 weeks and was okay. I am also worried about cheating too much on 40/40/20.

Thanks!

fitnessmiss
02-04-2004, 03:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone else has ANY opinion on my situation "women and CKD" is the name of the post... geez I thought that at least a couple of people would weigh in on the subject...

raniali
02-04-2004, 06:21 PM
if the diet worked for you before, then stick with it. honestly, i think you will have to re-assess your diet after the first 8 weeks unless you feel you are moving along. if you are good at keeping records and monitoring your condition, you could easily use a carb-up period to dial in right on the hour. do you have an idea of what your diet and training would look like for the 15 weeks??

how tall are u btw?

The Icon27
02-06-2004, 04:48 PM
Yeah it is a good idea for anybody looking to cut up especially before a comp when you want to be as dialed in as possible. I agree with ranali...track your diet and your progress for the first 8 weeks...see if you are on track with where you need to be and then assess how you want to handle the following eight weeks...IMO it is the best way to lose bodyfat and I wouldn't worry about having a lack of energy you will have plenty of adrenaline on that night.

johnny123
02-06-2004, 07:57 PM
my GF started it with me (from a 2 month keto). she broke a plateu she had, as i did. we are just starting week 2, so im no expert.

fitnessmiss
02-06-2004, 10:51 PM
so would you guys suggest that I give it a try? I am 14 weeks out now, have not really started dieting yet (plan to start tomorrow).... should I start with CKD or with 40/40/20 split or should I do 40/40/20 and switch to CKD to break plateaus in 7 weeks or to just get more lean.... thanks!! (oh, I am 5'2)

johnny123
02-07-2004, 12:09 AM
i got results from doing keto until you hit a stall, then do CKD. i think with CKDs you dont start the refeed for 2 weeks anyway. i think the 40/40/20 works, but i would get hungry on them, and would have trouble staying within my cals.

The Icon27
02-07-2004, 10:18 AM
so would you guys suggest that I give it a try? I am 14 weeks out now, have not really started dieting yet (plan to start tomorrow).... should I start with CKD or with 40/40/20 split or should I do 40/40/20 and switch to CKD to break plateaus in 7 weeks or to just get more lean.... thanks!! (oh, I am 5'2)

if you do a strict 40/40/20 and don't cheat you should lose weight for the first 7 weeks or so but then will probably level off (I think you said you were 115 so you may slow down at around 105 or so but that is just a guess). then for the last 7 weeks go with the CKD to break the plateau and shock your body.

But really any diet will work if you stick with it and are disciplined.