PDA

View Full Version : Getting there....

ctarden
02-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Hey everybody,

What's happening.... So, I have been on the Atkins diet for 4 weeks and lost about 20 lbs... I have also been lifting weights for about the same time... Before this, I got married and got fat so please try not to laugh... I haven't taken any major supplements yet... I just started using Whey Protein last week... I am very impressed with my progress... I am 5-9 and I currently weigh 160...

Let me know what you think of the pics :)

Saint Patrick
02-02-2004, 11:58 PM
click on the "manage attatchments" button to actually post a pic.

briancurran01
02-03-2004, 07:24 AM
20 pounds in 4 weeks??? that is bad. you are losing muscle in the process. you should shoot for 2 pounds a week to be safe

tigerroar
02-03-2004, 08:30 AM
where are all of the pictures? i mean this is a thread for people to post pictures on isn't it?

ElPietro
02-03-2004, 09:02 AM
20 pounds in 4 weeks??? that is bad. you are losing muscle in the process. you should shoot for 2 pounds a week to be safe

Not really. At first you can easily drop tons of weight and even be adding muscle. 2 pounds a week is what you can safely do once you are in a more regularly trained state. But most people when they first start out can do much more.

Ctarden, check to make sure your pictures meet the file size limit of 2 mb, and are the right extension, and you actually are attaching them, instead of whatever you tried. I don't think copy/paste and stuff like that works, so click the button called "Manage Attachments," as Patty said.

harryhoudini66
02-03-2004, 09:09 AM
where is the pic?

ElPietro
02-03-2004, 09:34 AM
Maybe they need to be approved still? Dunno if that's still policy or not.

ctarden
02-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Okay, I am technically challenged.... :clap:

I just went back to my original post, and scrolled down far enough to find the "Manage Attachements" button... I will post pic's after work when I get home... I really don't think I lost any muscle, only fat...

ctarden
02-03-2004, 08:00 PM
I finally got my picture in the first post...

ctarden
02-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Also, I was at 23% body fat in the before picture and I am at 13% body fat now...

ctarden
02-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Here is another shot with no flash...

ericg
02-04-2004, 07:59 AM
I think you leaned out pretty well. Good job man. Your traps look like a strong point for you, maybe even the lats.

So what are your goals now?

ElPietro
02-04-2004, 08:05 AM
I don't think you need to restrict your calories at all right now if that's what you are thinking. You will probably end up gaining weight if you eat well, but actually start to look leaner. As your lean muscle tissue grows you should fill out nicely, and get some good cuts. Don't worry about any small fat deposits at this point if you are just starting out.

ctarden
02-04-2004, 10:38 AM
I think you leaned out pretty well. Good job man. Your traps look like a strong point for you, maybe even the lats.

So what are your goals now?

Thanks!

Well, In terms or weight lifting... I would like to get up to the following...

-Bench 200lbs 10 reps by June (I am currently at 140lbs - 10 reps)
-Curl 90 lbs 10 reps by June (I am currently at 50lbs - 10 reps)

Don't know what else right now... I began running about 4 miles a week and I would like to start boxing again... Just for fun... I currently lift about 4 days a week, and I want to throw 3 days a week of boxing. (Really good cardio)

I just learned that I need to eat my weight in Protein to feed my muscles so I have been eating a lot of meat, and drinking Whey Protein shakes to ensure I am getting enough... Thanks for compliment on my Traps and Lats, the funny thing I haven't really been doing anything to target them..

Any ideas, on how to really work them harder?

Exnor
02-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Incredible change. Well done.

Your torso is huge!

ctarden
02-04-2004, 11:29 PM
Exnor, It must be an optical illusion because I don't think I am big at all... I am kind of skinny right now, compared to what I use to look like..:)

galileo
02-05-2004, 01:46 PM
OK, who approve the pic with pubic hair?

:mad:

briancurran01
02-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Not really. At first you can easily drop tons of weight and even be adding muscle. 2 pounds a week is what you can safely do once you are in a more regularly trained state. But most people when they first start out can do much more.

Ctarden, check to make sure your pictures meet the file size limit of 2 mb, and are the right extension, and you actually are attaching them, instead of whatever you tried. I don't think copy/paste and stuff like that works, so click the button called "Manage Attachments," as Patty said.

oh ok. my fault. thanks you for correcting me EL P

ctarden
02-05-2004, 11:17 PM
OK, who approve the pic with pubic hair?

:mad:

Galileo:

I didn't mean to offend any one... I just wanted to personally see if my lower abs had improved... Next time, I will make sure to pull up my boxers... Sorry about that...