PDA

View Full Version : Post workout meal

SoySauce8
02-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Hey all, i was reading something on post work-meal. And it said to eat complex carbs and protein after a workout. So should i add a fruit along with my protein shake or is a protein shake good enough?

Thanks

YatesNightBlade
02-05-2004, 06:24 AM
75g of glucose and some Whey protein with water. Perfecto. Have nothing that is gonna be slow digesting. You next meal should be 1-2 hours after that.

TheGimp
02-05-2004, 06:46 AM
If we're talking immediately post workout then you want protein and simple carbs. Fruit isn't a good option because it's carbs are mainly fructose which preferentially refills liver glycogen when you want it going to your muscles. Dextrose or maltodextrin would be best.

Saint Patrick
02-05-2004, 11:22 AM
75g of glucose and some Whey protein with water. Perfecto. Have nothing that is gonna be slow digesting. You next meal should be 1-2 hours after that.

Holy Crap where did Yates come from?

Welcome back.......

Manveet
02-05-2004, 08:38 PM
you usually want to go with some dextrose/maltodextrin in you're post workout shake, along with the protein of course. A small amount of fructose (an apple or something) is not a bad idea either.

TrevorN
02-06-2004, 01:58 AM
i have a protein shake of about 60g and 2 peices of toast with PB

Isaac Wilkins
02-06-2004, 04:56 AM
You'd probably be better off with jelly or cinnamon and sugar on your toast rather than peanut butter if you really want to eat whole food post-workout.

The fat in the peanut butter will slow the absorption of everything a bit.