PDA

View Full Version : too hungry for junk!

louis1099
02-05-2004, 04:43 AM
I'm having a terrible time with my hunger pains...my stomach is growling in the middle and after eating my oatmeal...the thought of junk food is over powering, I've never had this much trouble before. drinking green tea and eating fruit wont kill it :shoot: :bang: The eca stack shuts me down somewhat but I dont like how it effects me. On top of that my job is stressful and sometimes I just give in :(

drew
02-05-2004, 06:55 AM
How much water are you drinking?

YatesNightBlade
02-05-2004, 07:20 AM
Have some diet coke and think about how your body would look shredded. It helps.

TheGimp
02-05-2004, 07:42 AM
Perhaps you're cutting (I assume you're cutting :)) calories too low, or trying to regulate your diet too much?

prof
02-05-2004, 09:57 AM
eat more protein it'll turn off the hunger, or so it said on Horizon last week

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/2004/atkins.shtml

they reckoned that it's the protein that switches off your hunger, not carbs or fat, although their tests weren't the most scientific

AllUp
02-05-2004, 10:55 AM
I was gonna ask. How often are you eating?
Try like 6-8x a day. small healthy meals/Protein/fillers about every 2-3h.
You can maybe drink more water (increase it to 1 to 1-1/2gallons/day)
You can also use something like Kashi cereal as a filler. It leaves you feeling full.

Also Don't watch TV when you eat.. You WILL want and eat more with the TV on, as most people have a habit of eating while watching their shows. :P

If you ARE dieting..
It COULD be due to going from eating junk to eating totally clean in too fast of a transition.
Try slowly weening slowly off the junk into a healthy diet opposed to just jumping in(which usually results in cheating on diets, major cravings, binging, etc.)

louis1099
02-05-2004, 12:56 PM
thanks for the advise...I'm trying to lean down and yes I'm coming off a tasty food splurge. I drink at least a gallon of h2o a day. I also eat a # of small meals. I guess I just need to buckle down and ignore the growls until my stomach gets used to the new food. I'll also add some real meat such as chicken since the whey doesnt kill it either.

thanks