PDA

View Full Version : I need a new plan

Win
02-05-2004, 06:24 PM
Hi there,

I have been on a LC diet for sometime and have dropped 20 Kgs or so, I have another couple of Kgs to go then would like to start from scratch and build up muscle, I do alot of aerobic exercise and weights (to try and keep some strength).

When i change eating habits is it best to do it gradually or just do it?

I think i have most of the foods sorted, thanks to the generous posters here already

Thanks CW in NZ

The Icon27
02-06-2004, 04:58 PM
I would go gradual...if you lost weight like 20 kgs (not sure how many pounds that is since I'm an idiot but I think it is like 45) I doubt you have a real high metabolism in the first place. I would be concerned that if you changed your diet real drastically and started adding calories you might start putting on bad weight again.

I would start with adding about 300-400 per day of good calories and see how that works.

Win
02-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the reply,

Could someone explain the link to metabolism and weight loss to me, that has me at a loss?

20 Kg's is close enough to 45 lbs sorry for that.
(2.2 kgs to the Pound).

The Icon27
02-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Really from what I read there are three types of people:

1.) Ectomorph - These people eat like crazy and eat whatever they want and have a real hard time gaining weight they just stay super cut and lean all year round. They have to be real disciplined just to gain a couple pounds of muscle. They have the highest metabolism.

2.) Mesomorph - Supposedely this is the best for bodybuilding...they are kinda right in the middle they can gain weight fairly easily and also lose weight fairly easily as long as they are disciplined with their approach. I fit in this category, without my shirt most of the time I look "smooth" not fat but not cut either. I can and have dieted to where I can see my abs it just takes a little bit of work unlike the ectomorph who will probably see their abs year round.

3.) Endomorph - These cats have the slowest metabolism. They can get real big and strong but have a real hard time losing weight in order to see muscle definition they just look big and puffy. With their slow metabolism they can gain bad weight fast and easily.

YOu just kinda have to evaluate which category you fit closest in and realize what your body is capable. If you know your metabolism isn't all that fast and you are prone to weight gain then be careful because everyone knows it is a hell of a lot easier to put it on than take it off...and since you already lost 45 pounds you want to maintain and build now.

Win
02-13-2004, 12:24 PM
It took me 7 weeks to loose the 20 Kgs wasn't very easy at all but the rowing and cycling with the LC was the answer for me, never had a problem loosing weight when i want
First time in my life i can see some ab's and love it, definately want to build some muscle now. I have included Rolled oats and whey in the mornings and 1 more small meal during the day.

Cheers Craig

The Icon27
02-13-2004, 07:22 PM
That should do the trick...good luck getting huge

harryhoudini66
02-13-2004, 07:46 PM
When I jumped off my keto diet I went up like 15 pounds. Most of it was water weight but it still gets your moral down. I would say do it gradualy.