PDA

View Full Version : The Great Pizza Debate

ogarchamplin
02-07-2004, 09:26 AM
My friend and I are in a heated argument over Pizza, According to Weight Watchers they say that pizza is the best universal food. Because with the right toppings it covers all of the food groups. I say that it is too high in Carbs and sodium. Lets be real i need to lose ALOT of weight and it would not happen by eating pizza everyday with veggies on top.

Holto
02-07-2004, 09:33 AM
the 4 food groups are obselete

pizza is what you make it

I eat it almost every day on my cut

I make the dough myself in a bread maker

it's whole grain 3/4 spelt 1/4 wheat

I limit the cheese and slice the peperroni thin and make a thin crust

the problem is that it's so easy to make one that's 1000 cals, I estimate mine around 500 cals

I don't think there is much of a debate; raw foods all the way

mikey4402
02-07-2004, 01:50 PM
4 food groups that was something i learn about back when i was elementry. hahaha

i eat pizza no matter whether im bulking or cutting. but i wouldnt order out for pizza every day. like holto said "raw food all the way"

JuniorMint6669
02-07-2004, 04:17 PM
calories in vs calories out

all i really care about when im cutting, for the most part.

Jasonl
02-07-2004, 04:31 PM
It depends on the pizza. A Pizza Hut meat lovers is terrible, due to the trans and sat fats, among others. Home-made could be ok, whole grain crust, fresh veggies, very little cheese, some chicken or something. As long as you keep your cals in check it shouldn't matter too much, but a greasy pizza is probably not a good idea if you're very overweight, as all the bad fats are not good for the heart.

Severed Ties
02-07-2004, 05:48 PM
It's not going to hurt you once in a while but it is not something that will help improve your physique.

ST

KingJustin
02-12-2004, 01:37 PM
What are the "healthiest" pizzas that you can order?

Healthiest - Not too many "bad" (useless) carbs, not much "bad" fat

ogarchamplin
02-12-2004, 01:39 PM
I would assume a thin crust with lots of veggies. Maybe light sauce and cheese.

geoffgarcia
02-12-2004, 01:48 PM
if your serious about a cut you should make and measure everything that goes into your body as holto described.

iLUDEd
02-16-2004, 07:04 AM
i make my own pizza using pita bread as the base, put on some salsa dip n low fat cheese with capsicum, mushrooms and low fat ham and grill. my pizza works out at about 50g of carbs, 40g protein and 8g fat (overall just under 500 calories)