PDA

View Full Version : Cheat days on Atkins?

dannyisgonnacut
02-07-2004, 04:21 PM
What do you guys think of this ?
Do you actually think, its kind of ok to actually shock the body once or twice every two weeks to shock the body by incorporating a cheat day/meal?

I think it helps enormously with sanity not to mention glycogen levels, yet it doesnt bloat you up and down as if you were a balloon ready to be popped as in ckd.

What do you think? Beneficial? Who has tried it? Results?

harryhoudini66
02-07-2004, 05:42 PM
That is a CKD. Worked great for me. I have lost around 70-80 pounds on CKD.

dannyisgonnacut
02-07-2004, 08:52 PM
Whoops what I meant was:
Instead of a full blown 48 hrs of carb loading , a simple carb cheat meal or simple 24hrs . See, I DONT want to go for 48hrs carb loading and look as fat as I did 4 weeks ago, especially in my face! I worked 4 weeks intense cardio and weights and it slimmed down, and i dont want to puff it up again! DO i risk this on ckd? I hear you go up like 10lbs on a 48hr carb up.

I am considering it though for my lifting.
Where can I find a full guide for ckd. I did a search but couldnt find a faq.
Is there a website that gives you detailed info and faqs on what to eat when to eat and how much to eat?

gopher
02-08-2004, 08:21 AM
When I am cutting I go low carb (~50 gr per day) and have 2 carb up meals per week. The carb up meals have about 150 - 200 gr of carbs and I have that meal right before bed usually on Monday and Thursday. Since my muscle glycogen levels are low from the low carb diet I am not worried about any of the carbs being converted to BF. Instead my muscles soak up the glycogen while I sleep and I always wake up looking much fuller while still remaining nice and lean. The carb up meal also helps to boost your metablolism.

dannyisgonnacut
02-08-2004, 10:35 AM
Do you do 24 hr or 48hr? Do some people actually do 48 hr? I just tried the 24 hr and didnt feel any fuller so Im in the midst of a 48hour as i type this.

Is this an ok idea or should i discard it?

Shao-LiN
02-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Whoops what I meant was:
Instead of a full blown 48 hrs of carb loading , a simple carb cheat meal or simple 24hrs . See, I DONT want to go for 48hrs carb loading and look as fat as I did 4 weeks ago, especially in my face! I worked 4 weeks intense cardio and weights and it slimmed down, and i dont want to puff it up again! DO i risk this on ckd? I hear you go up like 10lbs on a 48hr carb up.

I am considering it though for my lifting.
Where can I find a full guide for ckd. I did a search but couldnt find a faq.
Is there a website that gives you detailed info and faqs on what to eat when to eat and how much to eat?

The weight gain is not fat, it's water weight. CKD is geared towards fat loss while helping to retain lean body weight. I highly doubt you'd gain 10 pounds of fat in a 48 hour period...you won't look as fat as you did 4 weeks ago from a weekend carb load when your muscles are fully depleted. You should read up on it. There's an article on it on http://www.wannabebig.com.