PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 of my new diet/exercise plan

dxiw
02-07-2004, 11:49 PM
hey everyone - I'm posting some pics just to have from reference so in like 2 months I can do the before and after thing. These are some pics 1 week into my diet..

first one is standing fully fully relaxed
the second is abs flexed and everything else relaxed
the third is my arm flexed (moderatly, not as hard as i can)

and you dont have to tell me - I know my mirror is dirty lol

EDIT: wow I just realized how embarassing my pic one is..

Max-Mex
02-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Uhm, no offense but your goals contradict. You want to lose 15 pounds, but you want to increase your bench by 40 pounds. You're pretty lean as it is and getting any leaner will not give you a bigger bench, especially a 40 lb increase. Might want to reconsider your goals.

Saint Patrick
02-11-2004, 08:59 PM
I'm with M-M.

Bulk now and nail that bench. Worry about dieting/weight loss later.

dxiw
02-11-2004, 09:53 PM
well i have an important thing in two months and I wanna be ripped for it, I just want to cut down slowly. And my bench actually is improving, I have made my workouts more intense and I started doing deadlifts/squats regularly. I'm really starting to see ncie improvement in my body. I'm not really cutting or bulking, just eating balanced like 500-1000 cals under (bmr+activity) and pushing lifts as high as possible.

JuniorMint6669
02-12-2004, 12:20 AM
I dont think you are 17% bodyfat. You look quite a bit leaner than that.

Saint Patrick
02-12-2004, 01:39 AM
I'm not really cutting or bulking, just eating balanced like 500-1000 cals under (bmr+activity)

That would be cutting, my friend.

ElPietro
02-12-2004, 08:06 AM
I think if you ate more, but kept it clean, and got a lot of protein you would gain weight, but look leaner, and bigger. If you just cut right now I don't think you would look much more ripped than you are. I think increasing muscle mass right now would make you appear bigger than losing bodyfat. Need more base.

dxiw
02-12-2004, 03:37 PM
I don't care about being really big - my goal is to have a really nice 6-8 pack. I train for strength and lean physique more than bodybuilding. Not that I have anything against it - but its not for me. And because of my particular situation, my protein is limited to 120ish. I have begun eating more and I am getting better - btw my body fat is around 14% ish. I just want to get to 8-9% and then start a heavy bulk.

Max-Mex
02-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Well, if you want your muscles to show more, they need to be bigger. Cutting right now won't show that much more by the look of it.

dxiw
02-12-2004, 06:41 PM
honestly, the reason I'm afraid to buulk now is because i gain weight very quikcly but can never take it off :( I'm afraid I'll get bigger but be fat - what good is that for the ladies?

Saint Patrick
02-12-2004, 11:15 PM
honestly, the reason I'm afraid to buulk now is because i gain weight very quikcly but can never take it off :( I'm afraid I'll get bigger but be fat - what good is that for the ladies?

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

If you're working out for "the ladies" then you're doing it for the wrong reason. The size and shape of your muscles have nothing to do w/ getting chicks.

Anyways, bulking is part of bodybuilding. If you're worried about gaining fat quickly, then eat slightly over maintenance and bulk slowly. If you play your cards right, then msot of the weight you gain will be muscle.

MixmasterNash
02-13-2004, 12:01 AM
If you're working out for "the ladies" then you're doing it for the wrong reason. The size and shape of your muscles have nothing to do w/ getting chicks.

Damn straight. Do it for those sexy Irishmen.

Max-Mex
02-13-2004, 04:22 AM
LOL!

Ok I undertand the whole cutting for the ladies bit. No big deal. Go ahead. Just don't expect to gain much strength. If anything, you'll become weaker. The choice is yours, cut=ladies and weaker or bulk=maybe fatter but stronger.

I think you are stressing out too much about the weight gain. I gan fat very easily as well but if you gain muscle, even though you may be fatter, the muscle still makes your body look normal. I used to weigh 180ish in Sept last year. I went home to visit my relatives in Texas this Christmas and one of my cousins told me I looked slimmer and she also though I lost weight. I to her thank you for the compliment but in reality I gained about 30 pounds since the she last saw me.

dxiw
02-13-2004, 06:00 PM
LOL @ the irishmen joke

anyways, the main reason I'm cutting is because I always ate alot and trained for three years and I never saw definition. Now in a couple months I"m gonna start attending pool parties and stuff, and I really wanna have some nice cuts. I don't care to much about big size, I just want a lean fast and strong physique. I'll gain the strength after i'm done cutting. I mean now that I look in the mirror and see 4 abs clearly and outline of 6 I feel so awesome. I would never feel this good if i was benching 400 but looked chubby. And I'm not really doing a hard cut, because my lifts are going up. I don't like phasing much, I just want to eat a lot of clean foods and stay at bmr+activity and just use cardio to lose weight esp at my age (high metabolism). I was doing 185x4 3 weeks ago and this week i did 205x6. So things are improving and my abs are getting a bit more defined. I like what I am doing right now - I'm not saying its good or right or whatever - its just giving me results I like thats all. And actually, I'm gaining weight - I dunno how. I weighed 188 last nite, and I was 182 like 3 weeks ago. its appearing to be all lean mass - so i dunno what or how - but I'm on a good streak now..

oh and just for your info - when I started out 3years ago I weighed 128lb. Trust me, if you would see the old body I used to have you would be like holy **** u got huge. Anyways, I'm out. lataz

dxiw
02-13-2004, 06:02 PM
i think 3 weeks i have gained muscle because 3 weeeks ago I started to do squats and deadlifts which I neglected for over a year..

bill
02-13-2004, 06:27 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Anyways, bulking is part of bodybuilding. If you're worried about gaining fat quickly, then eat slightly over maintenance and bulk slowly. If you play your cards right, then msot of the weight you gain will be muscle.

i'm not sure about that being the wrong reason to start working out as it definetly has help me before just think about who's going to catch a nice looking ladies i first ,haven't you watched that reality show joe somebody?
just a little fun , good advice tell dude about the more muscle burning fat, more muscle or just take up running lol.