PDA

View Full Version : willpower or lack thereof

fitnessmiss
02-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Hi guys,

I feel like I can't stick to my diet. I have been trying to diet for my first fitness competition doing 40/40/20 and I cannot stick to the diet!
Either I am not eating often enough or I eat the wrong foods... I just feel like its so hard! How do you do this?
I wanted to ask, do you think it better if I do a CKD diet (I am 5'2, 115 pds., 19% bodyfat), I want to drop to 100 pds.

I apologize if this is silly, I just am so frustrated, I am doing my workouts, but I can't last 3 days dieting 40/40/20. :(

help!

Jasonl
02-10-2004, 10:42 PM
It sounds like you need to throw out your junk food. It is very tough for me sometimes, but to me the ends justify the means. If you want to try an extreme diet, I'd suggest UD2, I'm on it right now, its working very well. Lost very little muscle and it works fast. However, you will need tons of self-control, if you're willing to make that sacrifice for a short while, then go for it becuase you can't really cheat much at all on this diet. The best advice I can give you is to suck it up for a while and just don't give into those cravings to give up. Good luck.

Saint Patrick
02-10-2004, 11:53 PM
I wanted to ask, do you think it better if I do a CKD diet (I am 5'2, 115 pds., 19% bodyfat), I want to drop to 100 pds.

I'm going to assume that's a typo and you meant drop 10lbs LOL.

How bad do you want it?

I guess I'm lucky because I have a high amount of willpower. The way I see it, if you want to succeed in your fitness goals, then you'll stick to your diet.

Nice stats BTW :D

Sleepr
02-11-2004, 08:25 AM
^he said he wants to drop TO 100lbs....not drop 100lbs. lol 5'2" @ 15lbs...wonder what that would look like?

drew
02-11-2004, 09:26 AM
First, when is the competition? What bf% do you want to be at? (that would be much more important than your weight, right?) How many cals are you consuming daily?

chrisconnell85
02-11-2004, 09:35 AM
Hi guys,

I feel like I can't stick to my diet. I have been trying to diet for my first fitness competition doing 40/40/20 and I cannot stick to the diet!
Either I am not eating often enough or I eat the wrong foods... I just feel like its so hard! How do you do this?

I apologize if this is silly, I just am so frustrated, I am doing my workouts, but I can't last 3 days dieting 40/40/20. :(

help!

Here's the trick...DON'T BUY THE BAD FOODS! I used to have the same problem, but the way I figure it is that if the food aint in the house you can't eat it. As for all the bad food you have now, you can hide it in drawers or put it in high places so when you reach for it you know it's bad.

That's what I do anyway

chops
02-11-2004, 12:18 PM
yep don't buy it. if you end up having it in front of you , ruin it (i.e.throw salt on it) or chuck it before you eat too much of it.

Ebu
02-11-2004, 12:35 PM
Dag, 115 lbs?!?!
What are you training for? I would assume running by your size and the desire to lose weight. And as for junk food. I just don't touch it. I just think of how I love the pump at the gym, and just eat something and pretend it's something else if you have to. I have a good imagination... Also, working out and dieting right has improved sex life too. Something to look forward to. lol

Jasonl
02-11-2004, 12:54 PM
^he said he wants to drop TO 100lbs....not drop 100lbs. lol 5'2" @ 15lbs...wonder what that would look like?
fitnessmiss would probably indicate a SHE. :thumbup:

Sleepr
02-11-2004, 09:01 PM
oops, I really need to start looking at names. Sorry, MISS :bang:

fitnessmiss
02-11-2004, 09:48 PM
You guys are so right... I know. What is the E2U diet? is that what it is called? Yes I need to drop 15 pds. to be at 10% bf. I will try your suggestions... oh, and yes, I am a girl!

:bow:

drew
02-12-2004, 08:24 AM
UD2 is Ultimate Diet 2, check the article here: http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=125

Good luck and remember to post pics of the competition, because we're all very lonely men here. lol

geoffgarcia
02-12-2004, 10:37 AM
do you track your intake with a tool?
fitday.com or dietorganizer.com (my fav)
are perfect.

To stick with a diet I think there are a few key things
1. cook all of your own meals
2. measure every portion
3. write down what/how much you eat
4. don't buy anything that doesn't fit your diet
5. at the end of the week check ur averages and adjust your diet

raniali
02-12-2004, 11:34 AM
can you post your diet for us? i would like to see your breakdowns.

just remember : most people fail because they sacrifice what they want most for what they want at that moment.

AllUp
02-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Hmm, was gonna say not to instantly jump into a diet, as some people who do this end up failing or going on binges. Make a gradual transition to healthy eating so that your body doesnt get shocked by the junkfood deprivation. If you instantly cut it out odds are you will want to binge.. Especially at the starting point of a diet.

I know... It sounds corny as hell but it works. :P

Fiber rich & whole foods are crucial too, as they give you a somewhat full feeling.

fitnessmiss
02-12-2004, 08:17 PM
you guys are so nice to help me out... I will check out the ultimate diet and I will post what I finally start doing this saturday is 12 weeks so I should start right? Is it too late? How do you post pics? I would like to post one now too..

Jasonl
02-12-2004, 10:56 PM
you guys are so nice to help me out... I will check out the ultimate diet and I will post what I finally start doing this saturday is 12 weeks so I should start right? Is it too late? How do you post pics? I would like to post one now too..
For UD2 you won't need more than 6-8 weeks(according to Lyle) to accomplish your goals at your current and desired bf%. As for the pics, you'll need to get someone to host them before you can post.

fitnessmiss
02-13-2004, 12:36 AM
Okay, I am reading about UD2 as we speak... so you would suggest it? and I only need 6-8 weeks, that's great... so I should go ahead and spend the money on the e-book by Lyle McDonald?

Jasonl
02-13-2004, 07:37 AM
I think its worth the money, even if you don't use the plan, its still a good read. Any of the members around here who have read it and/or done the diet will recommend it, but it is very tough and the training routine can be brutal.

fitnessmiss
02-17-2004, 01:00 PM
and you think it will work with my stats?

Jasonl
02-17-2004, 01:37 PM
and you think it will work with my stats?
Yes, it will work for anyone, be he designed it to be for people who are already at a low bf% and want to be even lower.

fitnessmiss
02-18-2004, 04:56 PM
thanks so much! been trying the diet now since Monday, and so far, have stuck to it. I only get 1000 cals a day b/c my weight is low, but looking forward to carb up day!

Jasonl
02-18-2004, 05:14 PM
thanks so much! been trying the diet now since Monday, and so far, have stuck to it. I only get 1000 cals a day b/c my weight is low, but looking forward to carb up day!
I think he recommends that no one should go lower than 1200 due to lack of macronutirents. I think 1200cals plus cardio if you have a very low maintenance requirement. The carb up day is fun, I had a whole box of fruity pebbles thursday night. I'm currently on the UD2 right now and it isn't easy, the startvation days with a workout are a nightmare.

Ack
02-18-2004, 09:04 PM
You should start writing a journal on this site and detail what your diet is. That way, if you eat junk, you'll be forced to write about it later (don't cheat yourself by writing bad info in the journal).