PDA

View Full Version : too many carbs from bread?

cwm
02-11-2004, 07:21 AM
I eat a lot of sandwhich's at work. Usually a tuna, roasted chicken and natty pb. Always on whole wheat but i was wondering if I am relying too much on bread for my carb intake? For the chicken and tuna i usually eat with a large ww bun which is much bigger then a small piece of ww bread.

hemants
02-11-2004, 07:56 AM
Whole wheat bread is good.

I would only be concerned if you aren't getting enough fresh fruits and veggies.

Stray
02-11-2004, 11:37 AM
:withstupi

Carbs aren't the demons that some companies would want you to believe.

Ebu
02-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Yeah, low carbs is the "new" marketing scheme in my opinion. Remember when a few years ago it was all about low fat???

Drheckler
02-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Yeah, low carbs is the "new" marketing scheme in my opinion. Remember when a few years ago it was all about low fat???

I agree is all about making money for companies. If Macdonalds is in on it, like this new atkins crap then you know its got to be over rated.

Ebu
02-11-2004, 01:50 PM
I agree is all about making money for companies. If Macdonalds is in on it, like this new atkins crap then you know its got to be over rated.

Exactly. I mean, Subway was suppossed to work BEFORE this atkins phenom. Why would they need atikins wraps now? Oh, duh. Because they can charge you 50 more cents for half a sub.

Drheckler
02-11-2004, 01:53 PM
Exactly. I mean, Subway was suppossed to work BEFORE this atkins phenom. Why would they need atikins wraps now? Oh, duh. Because they can charge you 50 more cents for half a sub.

lol you got it, its all about the cash $$$$