PDA

View Full Version : Vegetables

Strider2
02-11-2004, 05:02 PM
I've got a problem that I can not stand the majority of vegetables. The only ones I can eat are peas and potatoes. Is there anything I can eat to replace these and will low amounts veges cause problems when I go on cut and bulk diets?

galileo
02-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Eating more vegetables will certainly help you with your cutting progress, but I wouldn't say it was imperative. Peas and potatoes are two that I'd not want to eat, but I find that carrots, spinach, and broccoli are satisfactory when eaten raw (and with a little fat-free ranch).

RicPhoenix
02-11-2004, 11:15 PM
If you like peas and potatos...maybe you will like lentils and sweet potato?

TheGimp
02-12-2004, 05:22 AM
Peas are a good source of protein (for a "vegetable") the downside (from a cutting perspective) being that they're reasonably calorific. I'd agree eating vegetables is not vital (again purely from a cutting perspective). They might fill you up but you could be more satisfied eating something you actually like. Still, I'd recommend them from a general health point of view.

IronDaddy
02-12-2004, 08:20 AM
If you're cutting on a balanced diet small amounts of peas and potatos are okay. If you're going low carb these are two of the few veggies you want to avoid. Potatos are high GI and I'm not sure about peas but they are a starchy vegetable which means you absorb more of the carbs. Normal veggies like brocolli have negligible carbs that you really don't digest and you can eat as much as you want.

If you can't stand them try some fat free cheese or fat free dressing on them.

RicPhoenix
02-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Lentils = 9 g of protein, 20 g of carbs /100g
Rice = 2g of protein, 29 g of carbs /100g serving