View Full Version : Soy Protein Q?
09-25-2001, 07:11 AM
Is soy a complete protein like animal or whey protein? I've heard a lot of conflicting information, and don't know what to believe...
09-25-2001, 09:12 AM
1. Soy has a biological value of about 74
Whey isolate 110-159
Whey concentrate 104
Whole egg 100
Cow's milk 91
Egg white 88
2. It has all of the essential amino acids in roughly the same proportion as whey.
3. It has been shown to reduce testosterone levels in the prostrate but this effect has been shown to be tissue specific.
4. The Isoflavones in Soy are cancer fighting.
5. Stay tuned for a bunch of posts claiming that Soy will turn you into a woman. Believe what you will :)
09-25-2001, 01:06 PM
i have no idea where i got this from or how s actually works, but i read somewhere that soy gives the appearance of 'harder' muscles.
I never believed it though
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.6 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.