PDA

View Full Version : Bulking questions

Jada
02-12-2004, 07:54 PM
I am pretty new to this forum and all I need is a accurate description of what
"bulking" means, is that just a person trying to gain mass weight?

I was in a car accident a week ago, I posted on this forum about it and my doctor told me I will not be able to hit the gym for 3-5 weeks depending on my pain.

I am still young, im 19yrsold 5'9 157lbs

In the meantime I am I guess you should say bulking, as of right now I am just trying to eat as much food as I can and im trying to pack on some pounds. I was obessed with losing weight before which I was, but now I want to gain weight. It's easy for me to lose weight because I have the motivaition, I lost 4 pounds in 3 weeks, thats nothing compared to some guys on here but it's good for me.

So am I going about this the right way? I mean I don't really know anything about bulking since I was just trying to lose bodyfat and weight before

Does what I eat(cleanfoods vs junkfood) effect my weight gain? and is their good weight gain and bad weight gain?

I won't be going to the gym for the next 3-5 weeks because I simply can't. I can't even take a jog, after a couple mins my lower back starts to get a sharp burning pain :swear: people need to learn how to drive

drew
02-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Bulking is simply eating enough food where you will gain weight. Most of us try to bulk to .5-1 lb per week. You can eat clean or you can eat dirty, it's up to you. I wouldn't suggest you bulk too much if you can't lift though. Definitely eat, but not in an effort to gain serious weight.

When you can start lifting, I would shoot for about 3000 calories a day and try to gain 1 lb a week. Try to get plenty of protein (about 200g a day) and for the mean time, rest up and get healthy.

I'm in the same position, but I also broke my scapula (shoulder blade) in my accident. Welcome to the purple heart club. lol