PDA

View Full Version : Healthy snacks, such a thing?

bentkarnes
02-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Im a student and during the day and classes there's not much time for a healthy snack, I take protein shakes with me alot, but those dont usually stop my stocmach from growling. Is there anything simple thats good for a bulker to snack on when times a problem? ... Oh'Doil Rules

Khar
02-12-2004, 09:06 PM
nuts, homemade protien bars which you can find in the recipes section, make a sandwich or two in the morning, can of tuna with a pop top. Those homemade protien bars with honey, pb, whey, and oatmeal are damn good. I usually just make a few sandwiches if I know I'm going to have to go awhile without food.

andy51
02-12-2004, 09:09 PM
I'm also a fan of the homemade protein bars. Also veggies and some fruits like apples make good snacks

bentkarnes
02-12-2004, 09:10 PM
mmm open face club sandwich

Optimum08
02-12-2004, 09:34 PM
protein bars (i like the detour type :drooling: "snickers on steroids") also i take a bag of trail mix around with me during school (costco brand :drooling: ) mix of cashews almonds raisens m&m's peanuts etc. and always have a bottle of water on u... ALWAYS...

HARDCORE
02-12-2004, 09:42 PM
A few snacks I use are:

Turkey Jerky: VERY low in fat. Basically pure protein and tasts great.

Chicken Strips: I sometimes will cook up some chicken in bite-size bits with some sort of flavoring and throw them in a bag and eat them like chips.

Protein Bars: These are the best thing I use. Convenient and, depending on the brand, great for you.

Rolled Oats: Not necessarily low cal, but low glycemic. I will take a cup of rolled oats and pour just enough milk to cover it and drizzle just a bit of honey on it to sweeten it up. Yum!

Jawz928
02-12-2004, 10:14 PM
mmm open face club sandwich
hahahaha SIMPSONS RULE

Ironman8
02-13-2004, 08:19 AM
Hmm... I'm in school now and I eat almonds at break. At least it keeps me full between classes :)