PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here needs dieting help.

Coleman
02-12-2004, 09:42 PM
I did do a search on Atkins and CKD but everything was way too complex for me. :s I'm sorry for beating a dead horse but will you please bear with me.

I need to start shedding some weight. I'm really packing it on around my mid-section. My mom has been doing Atkins for just over a week now and has been losing a lot of weight and says she feels great so this is what I want to try.

My question is what exactaly are the CKD and TKD variations?

From what I've read CKD is where you load up on carbs on the weekend. What is the benefit to this? And, how should you adjust your workouts to work with this? I just want to workout normally because I really hate having to change my workout all the time.

What is a TKD diet?

What do you think would work the best for me?

Thanks

EDIT

Okay so I did another search and found some more stuff on TKD. A targetted version of the diet. What from I read the idea is to eat some carbs right before I workout but other than that go normal keto diet. That seems nice and simple. Something I can work with. Should I eat anything after my workout?

What should I get my carbs from? I'm thinking the best would be from something like a chocolate protein bar? How does that sound?

akomabutisakama
09-04-2004, 10:37 PM
dont do atkins it might be good for short term but youll gain that wait back easily try sticking to a high protein moderate carb low fat diet approximately 55/30/15
for proteins stick with ehh whites, boneless skinless chicken breasts,tuna , whey protein
carbs:oatbran, brocolli, protein enriched pasta
fat:flax seed and fish fats

harryhoudini66
09-05-2004, 01:55 PM
CKD is the way to go

Monday-Friday take in 20 grams of carbs per day or less.

Saturday and Sunday eat all the carbs your want.

Follow this and you should end up eating large amounts of protein, fat and very little carbs.The calories shoudl also be cool.

Breakfast: 2 eggs with cheese, 2 bacon and 2 sausage

Snack: Jello, cheese stick or Salami sticks

Lunch: Two chicken breasts, can of tuna, or double quarter pounder with cheese (no buns)

snack: Handfull of peanuts, macademia nuts or pistachios.

Dinner: Cottage cheese, steak or fish.

Snack: Jello, Whey Protein shake (water not milk)

Hope that helps.