PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Skin and multi-vitamins

Nightmare
09-25-2001, 08:28 AM
1) I know alot of ppl remove the skin when eating chicken breast because it's higher in fat. However, I would like to know what kind of fats are inside the chicken skin? Is the fats consider heallthy which is appropriate for ppl bulking, or is it merely those saturated fats that brings more hindrance instead?

2) My vitamin intake daily honestly suck, and I'm curious to know what benefits does taking multi-vitamins gives a person? What happens if someone training hardly take any?

Thanks!

twinturbo
09-27-2001, 02:14 PM
dont know the fat content of chicken skin- but just avoid it if youre trying to lean up- or do like me- if you have three pieces of chicken- only eat the skin of one- and you can get somewhat relieved...

also take a multi- cant hurt...

body
09-27-2001, 04:51 PM
chicken skim will be high in saturates as mosty animal fats are.

a multi - vitmain will help a perosn who is deficient in the vitamins he takes to reach optiaml elvels therfore decrease illness, disease and allow the body to function at 100%.
some vitmains in high dose eg vitmain c may help decrease the chance of certain illness eg types of cancer etc.

YatesNightBlade
09-28-2001, 02:40 AM
For bodybuilding purposes ....... vitimins are imperative to your growth.

They do a number of things ...... Aid recovery, Produce red blood cells (for oxygen), help the body make better use of proteins (sound good ???). They also help the body to get rid of free radicals that damge cells in the body (anti - oxidents).

You also lose vits when you sweat so a regular supply is needed.

RDA means sh!t. You need alot more then that.

Use the following

2000mg of Vit C (try and space the dosage out)
400 iu Vit E
A Good Strong Multi B Vit.
A General Multi Vitimin and Minral Tab.
500mg Magnisium
50mg Zinc

All the above will aid in the muscle building and recovery process.

body
09-28-2001, 01:35 PM
the RDA is relevant for certain nutrients as needs are not increase by exercise. But weigh off for other nutrient like protein and carbs. But then it says that its for average sedenary"lazy" people as they make up the vast amjority of the public. remember that if the RDA gave athletes recommended level out. some who goes to the gym twice a week and harldy breaks a sweat will think they require the extra nutrients especailly cals and end up fat.

other nutrients need increase above RDA like thiamin as thiamin is used for oxidation of food. the more food you eat the greater the oxidation. as the RDA is not designed for people eating 5,000 kcla the RDA is unlikely to be adequate. however if your eating 5,000 kcal a day. eating lots of wholemeal products, meat and dairy your thaimin level will be far more than that level that you require from the extra food.

soem nutrients you require more of due to exercise causing more sweating, etc

the doc
09-30-2001, 08:03 PM
chicken fat (on average ) is ~30% sat.
Quite a bit lower than beef ~50-80% sat
but doesn't touch fish (> 20%)

MissAbs
10-01-2001, 07:16 AM
Eat the skin if you are bulking, the extra calories will do your body good....