PDA

View Full Version : Clean Eating

Strider2
02-15-2004, 01:19 PM
For ages I have eaten anything that was available which I now isn't very healthy foods. I was at about 25% BF when I started weight training and being more sensible with what I eat. When I say sensible I mean I didn't eat loads of food everyday. I am now about 15%.

I have decided to start eating super clean and write a plan for each day to a specific amount of calories and balanced macronutrients.

I have been wondering about a few things. What kind of benefits can I expect from eating really clean? Will It mean I will not lose as much lean mass when cutting? Does eating clean benefit you in the gym, more energy?

just curious

thanks

Behemoth
02-15-2004, 01:35 PM
Well you'll be healthier. And anytime you're healthier you can expect to get sick less, generally have more energy, perhaps recover quicker etc. Anything you can do to put your body in a healthier state will almost always help with bodybuilding.

NeuroParadox
02-16-2004, 12:35 AM
The best advice I can give you is whenever you feel like having just a little bit more, or that one last time wont hurt you or keep you away from your goal, think again. Stick to the plan. Good luck.

Anyway think of it like this. Your body is like a finely tuned machine. Just like most other machines it needs to be maintained. Take a car for example. If you put only **** into your car it won't run as well as if you keep all the proper fluids in it. Same thing with your body. You can expect your body to function better overall if you stay with clean eating habits.

Saint Patrick
02-16-2004, 12:38 AM
Well you'll be healthier. And anytime you're healthier you can expect to get sick less, generally have more energy, perhaps recover quicker etc. Anything you can do to put your body in a healthier state will almost always help with bodybuilding.

:withstupi

Stray
02-16-2004, 07:50 AM
Nice bulky bowel movements.

Strider2
02-16-2004, 08:18 AM
Nice bulky bowel movements.

awesome :thumbup:

hemants
02-16-2004, 09:19 AM
Clean eating is good but you CAN eat crap as long as it it in small quanitities.

ie. the glycemic load of meals can be decreased by eating less of them

Translation : a cookie inserted into a 4 hour break between meals isn't going to make you fat