PDA

View Full Version : How should I be dieting? please help.

Coleman
02-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Here's my problem. I'm fairly lean everywhere on my body except for my mid section. A lot of fat has accumlated here and I really don't like it. I want to lose it before I start bulking or anything. I'm not sure what kind of diet I should do. I am thinking of doing a TKD keto diet or possibly just cutting out as much white bread/pasta as I can and stopping eating junk food and fast food. I think the second way would work but it would be much slower. I want results soon, not in a while. I'm thinking that on a TKD diet I could lose the weight I need to (10 lbs) in a few weeks if I keep up the cardio.

What should I do?

Thanks

Saint Patrick
02-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Cutting too quickly will cause you to lose muscle. It's a slow process.

Try out the TKD and see how you like it. The main thing is keeping track of your overall calories.

Coleman
02-15-2004, 10:47 PM
Okay, I'll give it a try.

I have one more question though. Can muscle be built up at all while on a TKD diet? I would think that with the amount of protein I will be eating that I should be gaining at least a bit of muscle. I'm just afraid that if I do a keto diet, I will shrivel up, lose a bunch of muscle and become very weak.

Saint Patrick
02-15-2004, 10:52 PM
Don't cut your cals too low and keep lifting heavy-ass weights.

wantnana
02-17-2004, 04:41 PM
I've been doing heavy weights/row reps for about 5 weeks now and have lost about 6lbs. I've definately got leaner while actually increasing my overall strength. I've been eating about 2000 calories a day of mostly clean foods while working out 5 or 6 days a week.

eat enough protein and lift big and you shall see results.