PDA

View Full Version : ViNESWiNGMAN's journal

vineswingman
02-16-2004, 12:21 AM
alright, i gotta lose some BF (I dont know how much.. I'd say 10lbs of fat) before I start bulking. Starting tommorow I am going to cut my diet to 1500 calories / day (arrrrgg) from 2500 or so. A lot of calories come from splurges on chips/candy whatever. I live right next door to my grandma and I'm always over to keep her company and get into her junk food. No more eating that garbage. Gonna go out and buy some fruit to snack on. My diet will consist of foods high in protein- Tuna fish, chicken, etc. I'm not worried about carb intake. Ill try not to eat anything I couldn't go out and gather/kill myself! I already drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. I love water, and it and milk is all I drink.

When I wake up everyday I am going to stretch and then do aerobic/cardio excercizing for about 15-20 mins to get my metabolism jump-stated every morning and to give me an early reason to watch what I eat (the playstation dance dance revolution game is great for getting your heart pumping and blood flowing.) I am going to make sure to get at least 8 hours of sleep everynight (up from 6-7.) I'm going to do an afternoon excercize cardio daily at the YMCA.. At least 500 calories worth. Either jogging, swimming, basketball or a combination. This is something I already do, so it's not going to be a burden. I will lift too, as I hear this keeps your muscles using calories throughout the day.

I'll start this tommorow and I will keep track of my diet to a T on this site daily. I'll go weigh myself tommorow too. I know it's around 163 lbs. I dont like judging by weight but I'm not going to be bulking so I can assume most of the weight lost will be fat (Im sure a little muscle will be lost too, but thats not a problem with me yet.)

I'll stay on this diet until I get somewhere in the 150lb region and adjust it if I need to. Go ahead and give me suggestions if you want, but I've dropped weight before, I'm quite good at it :-)

ItalianGalleon
02-16-2004, 12:36 AM
Sounds like a plan. What kind of lifting routine do you think you'll be doing?

biggimp
02-16-2004, 12:44 AM
id bulk first then cut. that works well for me. but everyone is different.

good luck btw.

vineswingman
02-16-2004, 01:21 AM
Sounds like a plan. What kind of lifting routine do you think you'll be doing?

Not anything special.. Not trying to gain any mass, just wanna get my muscles pumping. I'll probably try out the WBB #1 though just so I'm used to it when i start bulking.

id bulk first then cut. that works well for me. but everyone is different.

Well everybody goes back and forth, so which one you START with is sort of irrelavant. I chose to cut first because my BF is already a lot higher than I'd like it to be and I'd like to start bulking with as little fat as I can so I have less cutting to do after I bulk.

thanks guys

PizDoff
02-16-2004, 04:14 AM
Welcome and good luck with your goals!
HARD WORK, DEDICATION AND PATIENCE!!!!

BTW I like water too! We can be friends!

jant
02-16-2004, 01:38 PM
:hello:

Shane
02-16-2004, 01:49 PM
Howdy. Good luck with your goals Vine. Keep the journal up or we'll send you a virus.

vineswingman
02-16-2004, 10:21 PM
02/16/2004

hey guys,

thanks for the advice and motivation!

here's todays stats:

weight: 159.8 (I will weigh myself once per week)

sleep : 8.5 hours
DDR in morning : 20 mins (+220 calories burned)
(11:00am) Chereos with glass of milk : -600 calories

(2:00pm) Tuna Fish sandwhich : -500 calories
+ 2 glasses of water

(4:00pm) Bananna : -80 calories

(5:30pm) Rice w/ butter and an Apple -610 calories
+ 3 glasses of water

40 Mins @ YMCA (+400 calories burned)
(9:00pm)slice of turkey, a few peanuts: -80 calories
+ 3 glasses of water

totals:

calories: 1870
water: 8 glasses
excercize calories: 620

----------------------------------

I think I will make my calorie goal a more realistic 1750 / day. Cutting 1000 calories from my diet is way too hard. I thought I was being VERY good today about what I ate. If I dont see results in a few weeks I will have to lower to 1500. BTW, glad to see I weigh about 3 lbs less than I thought I did.. So I have about 10 lbs to lose. Talk to you guys tommorow.

vineswingman
02-19-2004, 11:09 PM
Gotten a bit busy lately guys, sorry I havent been able to keep updates the last few days. I've been eating well, but have not excersized as much as I wished I had due to being so busy, but still got 45mins two out of three of the days. Will start updating again on monday (going to be gone the next 3 days). Cya then guys.

vineswingman
02-25-2004, 10:37 PM
Ugh, been getting off track lately, i know it's NO excuse but I've been super-busy. I've been getting plenty of excercize, but eating too much and not sticking to my plans. I'll start back on track tommorow.

Alke
02-26-2004, 11:35 AM
163? I would keep bulking man, get the weight up and get some size on you then cut later. how long you been working out?