PDA

View Full Version : not gaining!

diego
02-16-2004, 09:54 AM
im currently trying to bulk at 1.2lbs+ per week. weighed myself this morning and gained .7lbs this week, even though im ate far more in that week than in weeks before, with my carb intake 20% more than previous weeks. what do i need to increase to bulk at my desired amount.
also i heard that eating less larger in meals in the day will slow down ones matabilism, is this true.

one more thing, before weighing yourself, say if one drinks .5litres of water, doesn't that increase your weight by 1.1lb, how is one meant to weigh one's self accurately each week then if there thirsty some mornings over others?

prof
02-16-2004, 10:05 AM
just do it same time of day, when you get up is probably best

1litre of water weighs 1kg so of course hydration levels/stomach content affects weight

MasturNate
02-16-2004, 10:19 AM
If you're not gaining the way you'd like to be, you should try to evaluate why that is.

First off, you might not be eating enough. Eat more.

Also, you might not be getting enough sleep to recover.

Orrrr, you might not be training hard enough. It could be any number of things, but if I had to guess I'd say you're not eating enough to gain that kind of weight on a weekly basis.

DoUgL@S
02-16-2004, 10:19 AM
I am sure that more experienced people will chime in, but here are my 2. If you are serious about your bulk you need to document what you are taking in (calories and macronutrients - protein, carbs, and fat) if you are not already. If you are not gaining it is most likely you are not eating enough. I know it might seem like you are eating a lot more but most of us overestimate the amount of calories when on a bulk and underestimate when on a cut. Therefore knowing what and how much you are putting into your body will make it easier to adjust it to your goals. If you care about the quality of the bulk, eat clean. Hope it helps. Good luck.

diego
02-16-2004, 10:30 AM
well i know nearly exactly how much i'm eating cos, before i have a meal i've already calculated how much of each food to use and thus how many carbs, protein, fat i'm intaking. i think im consuming about 2700-3000 at the moment but from reading another post in this section that what i'm eating is not enough. i will increase again up to 3300-3500 this week, and see how it goes.

hemants
02-16-2004, 10:32 AM
1) adequate rest
2) water intake
3) training
4) enough calories <----- I'd guess your problem is probably here