PDA

View Full Version : how can i slow metabolism

hydeuphonium
02-16-2004, 04:51 PM
ok.. so im 21, 5'8'' 135 lbs..

i looking to gain around 20 lbs
but the food i eat i.e: wendy's Triple cheeseburger biggie sized... seems to do nothing because i seem to have the metabolism of an elephant.

what kinds of foods or supplements can i take to slow down the metabolism?

bpd
02-16-2004, 07:30 PM
about a month and a half ago I was exactly like you minus 1 lb. start up on a bulking diet with healthy foods. high protein/calories. i've already put on 10lbs in less than two months, and it's all lean mass, or so i think. you have to couple it with working out though. just eat often. email me if you want to know about my diet/workout routine.

Saint Patrick
02-17-2004, 01:11 AM
You don't want to slow down your metabolism, you want to eat more food.

Do you have any clue how many calories you're eating?

Jasonl
02-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Good metabolism is a blessing, you'll be happy you have it when you're 50 and 90% of the people your age have guts 3 feet long and you're still lean.

prof
02-20-2004, 08:38 AM
keep a food diary NOW

fill it in everyday

DJAngelicon
02-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Hey, you should be fine if you eat right, rest and workout hard. For example I have a high metabolism. At the age of 21th I got out of boxing at a weight of 147lbs. Started a 5 to 6 month Program and I was eating breakfast,lunch, dinner alot and in between meals I was having Tuna fish snaks & Protein Shakes. Also add some WeightGainer cause I needed to keep my Calories Intake up. I got from 147lb to 175lbs with 9% of body fat in just 5 month.

So, having a metabolism is a blessing and you should be happy with that. Just work with it and you will get the results you are looking for.

BCC
02-21-2004, 10:50 AM
Having a fast metabolism means you eat three of those tripple cheese burgers, on top of everything else you normally eat in a day ;)

TitaN8504
02-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Lucky bastard

rookiebldr
02-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Yes he is. Wait till you get older and your metabolism slows to the point that just looking at a cheese burger means storing fat. :(

John0101
02-22-2004, 11:28 AM
simply moving less means you will burn less calories. I suggest upping your cals rather then trying to slow your metabolism.

reicher
02-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Try eating healthy food in mass quantities.
I don't care how fast your metabolism is, triple cheese burgers are NOT good for you.
You may as well eat lard out of a bucket.
Try eating healthy proteins and complex carbs, lots of fresh vegetables and about a gallon of water a day.
Then, suppliment with flax seed oil for even more calories and all the other benefits it gives you.

KingJustin
02-22-2004, 12:27 PM
I don't buy the "fast metabolism" argument. At 6'3 and 145ish under a year and a half ago my excuse was always that my metabolism was too fast. Then I started pumping around 5,000 calories and my weight shot up.

Eat a ton of food and don't stop eating all day long. Take something like milk that you can just keep having every 30 minutes and keep shoving it down your throat. The best thing you can do is stop making any excuses for yourself and start pumping in the food and doing a mass building routine. Try to eat relatively healthy foods.

ccjfw
02-22-2004, 12:46 PM
My room mate/training partner is the same way with burning off everything he eats. We are opposite but I keep telling him eat eat eat. He is always like "but i do eat" and then i say "well i dont see a chicken wing in your hand". But i was wondering how could you consume 5000 calories a day on a tight budget, any ideas?

Jasonl
02-22-2004, 12:46 PM
I don't buy the "fast metabolism" argument. At 6'3 and 145ish under a year and a half ago my excuse was always that my metabolism was too fast. Then I started pumping around 5,000 calories and my weight shot up.

Eat a ton of food and don't stop eating all day long. Take something like milk that you can just keep having every 30 minutes and keep shoving it down your throat. The best thing you can do is stop making any excuses for yourself and start pumping in the food and doing a mass building routine. Try to eat relatively healthy foods.
:nod:

STUNT101
02-22-2004, 04:39 PM
you slow it down by being catabolic. Anyways you wouldn't want to do that, just listen to the guys here. Eat 5-6 healthy meals/day if you want to bulk up.

CiteCollegiale
02-22-2004, 05:37 PM
What about eating Peanut Butter before meals? Would that slow down his metabolism?

rookiebldr
02-22-2004, 05:47 PM
No, however it is a good way to eat calorie dense food. :)

booster1
02-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Don'tmove and you''ll burn less cals?

-Heres a tip, every time you wax the monkey you burn fifty cals.

Spartacus
02-24-2004, 08:40 PM
i have this problem too.

if you will search, i made a simlar thread, here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=37368&)

since then i have focused on always carrying around a bag of almonds or peanuts, and whenever i am in my room, i drink a lot of milk.

Shao-LiN
02-24-2004, 09:12 PM
What about eating Peanut Butter before meals? Would that slow down his metabolism?

What's special about peanut butter that will slow down his metabolism? May slow digestion due to the fat content, but not metabolism.

Exnor
02-25-2004, 08:54 AM
Good metabolism is a blessing, you'll be happy you have it when you're 50 and 90% of the people your age have guts 3 feet long and you're still lean.

Often it slows with age.

geoffgarcia
02-25-2004, 09:54 AM
I read a report a few months back that the less food you eat the longer you live.
Apparently they did studies in rats and mice and found that they could extend their life by nearly 75% by giving them less food...
apparently the process/wear tear on the body of consuming/processing food takes a toll over the years and cuts your life short.
Which might be another reason women live longer than men.

So a slower metabolism means you can consume less food and live longer! (or so the study would lead ya to believe!)

anyway, ditto whats been said. I thought I had a high metabolism when I used to eat 2 HUGE meals a day and not gain any weight...it wasn't till I started tracking my diet and realized that 2 HUGE meals a day isn't nearly enough calories to gain weight.

For a cheap way to eat a lot start researching where the nearest/cheapest all you can eat buffets are....@ 5$ a pop for a meal that would make a bear jealous you can't go wrong...

MisterEThoughts
03-02-2004, 11:37 PM
i have fast ass matabolism too i eat i **** out but yea i am with other guys eat eat eat aat i am trying that i weight 170 now at 5'11 so i am trying to gain 20 moe pounds and yea when u get older it will drop and ur meta will be slow as ****kkk ima take that into considiration the buffet thing damn at least once a week for real ****...

Khar
03-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Don'tmove and you''ll burn less cals?

-Heres a tip, every time you wax the monkey you burn fifty cals.

Where did you get this figure because if thats true, I'll just do this like 5 times a day on a cut!