PDA

View Full Version : Ack! My journal!

Ack
02-17-2004, 04:13 AM
Well, I found this site from a link on Bullshido.com and I've been trying to bulk up on and off for a while.

My Stats:
* 21 yrs old;
* 6'0" tall;
* 151 lbs; and
* 5 - 7 % body fat (by calipers).

I lift for about an hour MWF. In addition, I train in kick boxing and submission wrestling on TRF.

My main goals are primarily appearance (size, physique) and strength.

I've been having a pretty hard time gaining weight. During my best streak, about two years ago, I was about 157 lbs. I felt really good and was quite strong and looked good too. I really didn't have a strategy then (other than work hard and eat an assload of chicken), just a chip on my shoulder (g/f of 3 years dumped me). I've also got kind of an addiction to junkfood and soda that I'm trying to ween myself away from.

My goal is to be up to 160 by June.

Today, I've eaten:
(2) 6oz yogurt;
(2) Super Pretzel (tm);
(1) 1 tbsp cheeze sauce;
(2) Taco Bell Chicken Chalupa;
(1) Taco Bell Taco;
(1) 16oz Mountain Dew; and
(1) 6oz Chicken Breast, grilled.

My workout was:
10 minutes stairclimber warmup
3 sets 8 reps 100 lbs (3x8x100) DB Bench
2x8x50 100lbs Inclined DB Bench
3x8x140 Seated Cable Rows
3x12x270 Leg Press (I usually do 200 lb deads, but I may have injured my low back)
1x6x25 Concentrated Curls
1x1x40 Crunches
1x1x20 Leg Raises

On a sidenote, when I weighed myself about three-four days ago, I had a full stomach and was fully clothed and came in at 150. But I've also conciously increased my water intake.

I've also got a men's multivitman and a container of Optimum Nutrition CGT-10 (creatine, glutamine, taurine -- wildberry) in the mail and should be here tomorrow.

drew
02-17-2004, 06:16 AM
Definitely ripped, looking good to start. Time to bulk up though. You definitely need to work on your back more. Work in some db rows, pullups, and squats.

And eat more. 3000 cals a day to start, but probably going to need more considering all the cardio work you do. Good luck.

clvmike19
02-17-2004, 06:36 AM
Ripped mofo. Now get rid of the devil cardio for teh bulk and eat eat eat! :D

Scott S
02-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Dude, June is 4 months away... you should be at least 15 lbs heavier by then! :D

Ack
02-18-2004, 02:02 AM
Dude, June is 4 months away... you should be at least 15 lbs heavier by then! :D

Well, I do have a fair amount of obstacles: sleeping habits, cardio, junk food.

In any case, I skipped my kickboxing workout today. I did about an hour of hard grappling in which I did very well. We've got a few new students that are very athletic and/or very large in stature and I've been asserting my dominance (I'm pretty happy with my progress in this area). I can't wait to throw some muscle into the equation.

My glutes and hams are pretty sore, so I think I might skip deads and leg presses tomorrow and work my calves and rotator cuffs instead.

My embarissingly small diet today was:
(1) 6oz yogurt;
(1) 20oz Rockstar Energy Drink;
(1) Chicken Alfredo
--- 6oz Chicken Breast, grilled
--- 6oz Spicy Alfredo
--- 6oz Brocolli, steamed
--- 4oz Red and Green Peppers, steamed
--- 3oz Tomatoes, diced
(2) Super Pretzel (tm);
(1) 1 tbsp cheeze sauce; and
(1) 4oz cottage cheese.

I'll do better tomorrow.

Ack
02-19-2004, 05:32 AM
Diet today:

(1) Bagel;
(1) 3oz Cream Cheese (mmmm);
(1) 12oz OJ;
(1) Nutragrain bar;
(1) Chicken Alfredo:
--- 6oz Chicken Breast, grilled
--- 6oz Spicy Alfredo
--- 6oz Brocolli, steamed
--- 4oz Red and Green Peppers, steamed
--- (1) Slice garlic bread
(1) 6oz Brocolli Cheese Soup (mmmm);
(1) 6.5oz Tony's Small Pizza; and
(1) 4oz Cottage Cheese.

Additionally, I got my stuff in the mail so I had one serving of:
OptiMen Multivitamin (http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/product_detail.asp?Inventory=443) and CGT-10 (http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/product_detail.asp?Inventory=598) (5g Creating, 3g Glutamine, 2g Taurine). I like the CGT, it tastes like pixie sticks (I do not recommend mixing it with water, tastes better just as powder--or maybe I'm just a psychopath).

My routine today:
6x135NF (Neg Failure) BB Bench
6x105NF BB Incline Bench
6x100 DB Bench
6x140NF Cable Rows
6x55NF DB Rows
6x40NF Hammer Curls
8x200 Shrugs
8xBW,NF Dips
8xBW,NF Chin-ups
24x90, 18x90 Calf raises

clvmike19
02-19-2004, 06:15 AM
15lbs from June is possible. Ive done almost 10lbs since the beginning of the year...

PizDoff
02-19-2004, 12:38 PM
"Well, I found this site from a link on Bullshido.com and I've been trying to bulk up on and off for a while."

I don't get no props don't I?
I see at least my work in promoting this site for a long time on Bullshido.com has helped someone.

And go check my journal out too.

cphafner
02-19-2004, 02:19 PM
you look ripped, and much bigger than you're weight states. Your legs look very solid for someone 6 feet and only 157. Good luck.