PDA

View Full Version : Illa's Billa Health

illa_noize
02-18-2004, 09:47 AM
What's up all? I've been browsing through everybodys journal and felt like it was time to start mine. I'm trying to gain as much lean muscle as humanly possible without the use of "juice". I'm weighing in at about 160-165. I'm about 5'10. Any input on what I can do different to get to my goal of about 180 ASAP will be welcomed. How soon should I expect to get to 180 if I eat right? Here is what I had this morning:

The equevalant of two eggs using the Egg Beaters Egg
mixed that with some non-fat cheese and a piece of turkey lunch meat
Put it in a pita bread and stuffed my face :thumbup:
One banana
Small glass of O.J.
Also had about half a hand full of dried fruit and a few grapes
Got to work and ate a yougurt and downed my Mutli-Vitimians (Animal Pak)

I have packed two hard boiled eggs and a apple for my snack in between breakfast and lunch.

I plan on doing Tri's and Ab's at the gym tonight.

drew
02-18-2004, 09:58 AM
First, eat WAY more.

Start at 3200-3500 cals a day and get at least 200g of protein a day. 180 should come in 4-5 months if you keep eating and keep working hard.

What kind of routine/split are you doing?

Scott S
02-18-2004, 10:42 AM
Buy yourself some fish oil caps. And post your routine. :)

illa_noize
02-18-2004, 11:24 AM
Okay, I should eat more and get some of them oil caps. Man, I feel like I eat like a pig already. But eating more is good news to me. :thumbup:

My routine is usually as follows, but I think I'm going to change it up next week.

Mon - Chest, Back, & Abs
Tues - Cardio, Bi's
Wednesday - Tri's & Abs
Thursday - Cardio, Shoulders, Chest
Friday - Legs & Ab's

When I do my cardio, its usually for about 15 minutes, even though I did it yesterday for 20. I've been reading that you should get about an hour of cardio in per week. But, I still don't want to burn too many calories.

As far as the actual exercises I do. I really depends on what kind of mood I'm in. Either way, I work the hell outta my target muscle for that day and usually leave the gym feeling like a bowl of Jello. I need to get a more concrete routine, but I never got around to writing down weights and names of the exercises. I like going to the gym everyday, Mon-Fri, so I didn't like the WWB routines too much. Anybody got some good routines?

Think I'm a throw in a protien bar in with my 2 boiled eggs and apple that I packed for lunch.

Scott S
02-18-2004, 12:24 PM
How about a routine where you split upper/lower, throw in a couple days for prehab, then do a long cardio session on the off-day?

Mon: Upper (Chest/Back/Arms/Shoulders)
Tues: Rotator Cuff exercises, toe raises, Abs/obliques
Wed: Cardio (30-45 min)
Thurs: Lower, including lower back exercises (Squats/SLDLs/Calf Raises/Hypers)
Fri: Same as Tues

If you're having trouble gaining weight, cutting back on cardio will help.

illa_noize
02-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Cool cool, so I guess keeping to my 15 minute cardio routine should be okay.

I just ate a ham, turkey, pickle, miracle whip, lettuce, non-fat cheese on wheat sammich. Love them things. Also munched on some of these bite size pretzles with peanut butter in the middle. I get them from Trader Joes, not sure if anybody has heard of that store. But, they are good for getting my fat intake up. Like always, I threw in a handful of dried fruit and washed it all down with a Dannon Smothie Yougurt. They are non-fat also. I'm taking 4 small chicken breasts with me to work to eat on before I hit the gym. Think they have about 29 grams of protein in every two. Will also drink my protein shake right before the gym.

Keep the feedback comming. Can't understand why I haven't started this sooner.

illa_noize
02-18-2004, 08:45 PM
Well, went to the gym and this was my routine:
Tri's:
Sitting overhead extensions with a e-z curl bar
3 sets of 12 reps
Cable pull downs
3 sets of 12
Sitting overhead extensions with a bumbell
4 sets of 12
Also had a warm up set before I started my routine

Ab's
Three sets of the leg raises
2 of 20 reps, and 1 of 30
Incline situps
3 sets of thirty, 1 set of 25 with 25 lbs weight

Left feeling pretty exausted

Drank my protein shake with milk and a banana with a teaspoon of creatine
Ate two chicken pockets that is loaded in protein (30 grams each), and has about 5 grams of fat. They are about 190 calories total. Not sure what my cal total is. Got to find a method of more keeping track of my calories.

Writing everything down is such a pain.

illa_noize
02-19-2004, 10:43 AM
Okay, this is what my diet is looking like for today:

Woke up and ate a bowl of cereal. Some hi-protein stuff that is loaded with soy protein. I don't know if that is good protein, but I'm sure any protein is better then none. Had it with skim milk and a glass of OJ. Also had some dried fruit.

Came to work and ate three hard-boiled eggs and an apple.

drew
02-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Soy protein is fine.

illa_noize
02-19-2004, 09:55 PM
For lunch I had a wheat sandwich with Ham, turkey, miracle whip, pickles, lettuce. Also had a few handfuls of dried fruit and a tall glass of Cranberry Juice.

For my lunch-dinner snack I had 4 chicken breast strips and a banana

Drank my protein mix just before I went to the gym

Went to the gym, did cardio for 15 minutes. I planned to go for 20, but I was beat after ten, so I compromise with myself and just went for 15. Said that I ran about 1 mile and a half, so it's all good.

Also did shoulders and chest today. Don't remember what I did, but it was tough.

Now, for dinner I had turkey with this gravy mix that my mother put together. It was good as hell, but really salty. Prolly took my sodium intake through the roof. Had it on a wheat roll. Also drank my after workout shake with the usual teaspoon of creatine, 1 cup of skim milk, and banana. Also had some dried fruits.

I'm doing all this eating, and hoping that I don't lose my six pack that I've worked so hard for. I mean, its not even really there, but if I flex in the mirror, I can make it show. I want it to be there when I just relax, but thats going to take some work. I just hope all these cals I'm taking in won't f' up my belly.

I also got some Nitric Oxide in the mail today. Going to start taking them on top of my Whey, Multis, and Creatine that I'm already taking. I already went through a bottle of NO2 when I first started. Bougt that thing for like 70 bucks at GNC(Rip offs!http://community.allhiphop.com/images/smilies/2up.gif ). Did really do much for me either. But I was just getting started, and it was the only sup I was taking at the time. Maybe now that I'm more into my routines I will get better results. Plus I'm taking creatine and I heard it works well with it. Anyways, thats my thoughts and workout for the day. I know I need to start adding more detail, but by the time I sit down to write about it, I don't remember what the hell I did. I feel like a nerd if I took a pen and paper to the gym with me. I'll think of something. I also need to find a better way to keep track of my cals.

Anyways, I'm off to sleep. Holla at ya'll in the A.M.http://community.allhiphop.com/images/smilies/yahoo/57.gif

Oh yeah, and I'm working on getting some pics up. I woulda did it today, but my room is a mess and I didn't feel like picking up my crap today.

illa_noize
02-20-2004, 02:43 PM
So far up to this point I'm consumed

Breakfast:
Big ol' bowl of Hi-Protein cereal and raisen bran. Half and half cause I ran out of the protein stuff. In Skim Milk
Multi-Vitiams
Couple handfuls of the dried fruit

Snack:
3 Whole hard boiled eggs. Lil mushy in the middle, but I was in a rush this morn.
1 large apple

Lunch:
1 usual turkey, ham, miracle whip, pickle, lettuce, and no fat cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread.
One Banana
1 tall glass of skim milk

Snack: (Haven't ate yet)
4 chicken tender breasts. Going to eat at 4:30pm
taking my Nitric Oxide at 6pm
drinking my whey/water shake at 6:30pm
hitting the gym and will be there by 7

Planned routine will be legs and abs.

Gotta keep this six-pack while trying to put on weight.

I read this article and am now thinking I'm still not eating enough. I need more clean foods, but i'm broke:(
http://www.atlargenutrition.com/gainingmass.php

Input if ya got some.

illa_noize
03-02-2004, 02:54 PM
I've been slacking on my journal entries but I'm still focused on the weights. Man, I weighed myself last night and I'm still stuck at 160!!! :swear: :cry:

I WANNA BE BIG DAMN IT!!!

Anyways, I'm writing down everything that I'm eating for the next few days to see if my calories are as high as I think they are. I just hope I can find nutrition facts on all the foods I eat.

briancurran01
03-02-2004, 03:22 PM
I've been slacking on my journal entries but I'm still focused on the weights. Man, I weighed myself last night and I'm still stuck at 160!!! :swear: :cry:

I WANNA BE BIG DAMN IT!!!

Anyways, I'm writing down everything that I'm eating for the next few days to see if my calories are as high as I think they are. I just hope I can find nutrition facts on all the foods I eat.

hey welcome to journal land. you should try www.fitday.com for tracking calories that is what i use and it works very well. good luck with your goals

illa_noize
03-02-2004, 04:04 PM
Thanks bro