PDA

View Full Version : Will Bulking make me Fat?

Veritas
02-19-2004, 12:19 PM
I've been working out on and off for many many years. Lately, I have a new training partner and we've been working out very hard (1 muscle part per week, 6 days a week) besides my boxing training 2 days a week. I've been pretty lean for a few years (skinny but not defined), I was really fat as a teen though. I have one of THOSE bodytypes.

K, nough Background. So my buddy is telling me to EAT EAT EAT. I gained about 10 lbs within the last month, and kindof gained a belly as well. I also seem to be a little slower and sweat a lot more also. With one of "those" bodytypes, should I just stick to the lean look rather than trying to get Big? For some reason, I feel like I'll just get fat again and it makes me not want to eat.

I eat decent. Lots of bars (Kashi Go Lean Protien, Zone), 3 Servings of some Protien Shake (40 Gms per serving), then whatever I can get my hands on. Tuna, hamburger meat, burritos... How strict should I be with the diet, btw?

And should I cut out peanut butter? For some reason, I've been eating a lot of it ever since I started trying to 'bulk'.

Jasonl
02-19-2004, 12:38 PM
Well gaining 10lbs per month is one sure-fire way to get fat. I'd get a strict bulking diet, count your calories, aim for .5lbs/week gained. That will minimize fat gained. 25% of your daily cals should come from good fats, 1g of protein per/lb of bw and so on. Run a search for more info. As for the peanut butter, its a good source of fat, keep eating it. Natural pb is usually a better choice.

andy51
02-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Dont let bulking be an excuse for eating terrivle foods. Bulk cleanly and gain as much muscle as possible. You will gain some body fat but that is a small price for a lot of muscle.

Optimum08
02-19-2004, 12:49 PM
:withstupi

ryuage
02-19-2004, 03:38 PM
I would definitely eat alot but I would focus on eating cleanly... as you stated yourself you have gained somewhat of a belly... maybe that should be telling you something about your eating everything in site plan. I would go for a slow gain of .5 to 1 lb a week IMO that is if you want to limit fat gain

Spartacus
02-19-2004, 05:43 PM
you could also throw in some HIIT on off days to minimize fat gains.