PDA

View Full Version : Progress timeline.....

phatmonky
02-19-2004, 02:16 PM
** Change the name of your URL, and you may feel free to post it. **

From left to Right.....
1>Pre working out - ~165
2>3 months later (11/31/03) 1 month of working out - ~185
3>12-31-03. Ewww, need to clean up that diet.~195
4>1-31-04. Looking better, starting to gain a little shape.~188

Oh yeah, I'm 6'3"
I just started the WBB#1 yesterday and I can definitely tell it is going to be goooooodd!! I'm also working on a cleaner diet. I'll post more pics in here as time goes on :)

Edit - legs, other poses, etc, will all come when I get the gf to finally come hold the camera for me. In the meantime, this is just a base indicator to get an idea.

phatmonky
02-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Attached pic. I dunno why the mods had a problem because of where the pic was being hosted

ElPietro
02-19-2004, 08:34 PM
I think it was because the linked URL may have been construed as offensive. But attaching the pic is better anyway. :)

phatmonky
02-19-2004, 10:53 PM
So, am I moving along any? Is this normal? slow progress?
Besides for my comments, is there anything else I should keep in my mind as I continue forth?

ctarden
02-20-2004, 12:09 AM
I suggest taking some creatine or eating like mad.... You need to gain wait badly... Your thin, so you just need to add some additional muscle...

ElPietro
02-20-2004, 07:30 AM
Your arms and chest look fuller. I think that it may be your diet that's holding you back. Try to make sure you get more than enough protein. I know when I really focus on that, things really start to click.

It's actually a difficult task to get enough protein and calories when you are making adjustments to eat more clean. Food just isn't as calorie dense when you aren't buying it from a drive through window. Not saying this is what you've done, just saying that you should try and keep an exact count on protein and see how much you are getting, it may open your eyes at how low it is if you hadn't previously tracked it in the past.

Other than that, all I can say is try to be as consistent as possible with your training. Try to stick to a schedule and keep on plugging away, and if you eat appropriately, I think you will be much more improved. Don't worry about what you weigh at this point.

ElPietro
02-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Oh and to answer your question, you are moving along, but honestly I'd say that if you had been working harder, and eating better, you would have made much better gains. So at this point I'd have to say you are coming along slowly, but as long as you're going in the right direction, you'll eventually find what works best for you.

phatmonky
02-20-2004, 08:09 AM
Your arms and chest look fuller. I think that it may be your diet that's holding you back. Try to make sure you get more than enough protein. I know when I really focus on that, things really start to click.

It's actually a difficult task to get enough protein and calories when you are making adjustments to eat more clean. Food just isn't as calorie dense when you aren't buying it from a drive through window. Not saying this is what you've done, just saying that you should try and keep an exact count on protein and see how much you are getting, it may open your eyes at how low it is if you hadn't previously tracked it in the past.

Other than that, all I can say is try to be as consistent as possible with your training. Try to stick to a schedule and keep on plugging away, and if you eat appropriately, I think you will be much more improved. Don't worry about what you weigh at this point.

I just started tracking my diet last week down to the 'T', after thinking the same thing. Thank you for the comments. I had the same feelings, but just didn't have anyone to confirm what I was thinking

phatmonky
02-20-2004, 08:11 AM
Oh and to answer your question, you are moving along, but honestly I'd say that if you had been working harder, and eating better, you would have made much better gains. So at this point I'd have to say you are coming along slowly, but as long as you're going in the right direction, you'll eventually find what works best for you.

I dunno how I can work harder. I was doing a higher volume routine than the WBB#1 before hand. So unless you mean more intensity, less volume, I'm not sure how I can lift harder. I don't miss a single one of my workout days and I lift heavy. Did you mean something else? I'm focusing seriously on the diet now, but would appreciate any other input.

ElPietro
02-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Perhaps I confused your training or assumed having just started WBB 1 that you had previously not had a dedicated routine. I guess without knowing your program I can't say that for sure, and if you say you were working hard before then my mistake.

Everyone has their own opinion on what "intensity" is, so it's hard to say without seeing your routine. In any case, if you now have a new routine perhaps having a new plan will help as well.

phatmonky
02-21-2004, 09:06 PM
My old routine.

Day1- Chest/ Tris
Flat Dumbell press
Inclined Dumbell press
Declined Dumbell press
Tricep pushdown (cable)

Day2- legs/abs
Leg press
calf raises
Squats
leg curls
Weighted incline crunches

Day3-shoulders
Dumbell Shoulder press
front dumbell raise
Rear lateral raise
Upright barbell row

Day4- back/bis
Curls
Reverse Curls
Seated Row
Wide grip pull ups (replaced the lat bar)

I've been doing 3 sets of 8 across the board. I leave a day between each gym visit.
If that helps.

ElPietro
02-23-2004, 08:23 AM
I used to go in and just do 3 sets of 8 all the time. The problem I found with this, is that it's hard to progress strength-wise doing this continuously. I decided to go heavy as hell one day on lat pulldowns. I was always going in, and doing something like 3 sets of 8 with 170 or 180, and then decided to go for 220, which I thought was insane and wouldn't be able to do. I struggled but got maybe 3 good reps out. Then did maybe 190 for 6 and then a set of 8. The next time i came back, I was able to do 220 for maybe 5, and everything else got stronger.

A few weeks later, 170 for 8 was a warmup set, and didn't look back from there. So you may want to give a try on your first and second sets going much heavier, just to get used to lifting heavier, and then even if you go back to 3 sets of 8, it'll be at a higher level. You'll probably get stronger and bigger, and at least you'll have more fun watching yourself progress at a more rapid rate.

Just a thought that you may want to try.