PDA

View Full Version : metabolism qn's

carlossalsa8
02-21-2004, 12:52 PM
I ask a friend of mine about how to know when a metbolism is fast or slow and this was his answer: He said that a way to know that, if you eat a pretty big meal, and 30 minutes later you are hungry again that means ur metabo. is fast. Is that true? That happens to me and I don't really get fat easily since I am an athlete, (play soccer). Anyways, if that is not true, can someone explain how to know if it is fast or slow. Also, if I eat before bed, will the food digest correctly? does the metabolism function the same as when u r awake? Thanks.

galileo
02-21-2004, 01:20 PM
That is not true. I have a metabolism on the low end of moderate and I tend to be hungry fairly shortly after a meal. In part, it's your body's quickness to trigger ghrelin (and other hormones) that will cause hunger. Some scientists are linking ghrelin irregularities to obesity. Your metabolism is going to determine how much energy it takes for your body to sustain itself, so it's more on the backside of the whole eating thing.

carlossalsa8
02-21-2004, 04:11 PM
That is not true. I have a metabolism on the low end of moderate and I tend to be hungry fairly shortly after a meal. In part, it's your body's quickness to trigger ghrelin (and other hormones) that will cause hunger. Some scientists are linking ghrelin irregularities to obesity. Your metabolism is going to determine how much energy it takes for your body to sustain itself, so it's more on the backside of the whole eating thing.

So, if I wanna know if mine is fast or slow, how can I know that?

galileo
02-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Are you naturally lean? Do you carry excess bodyfat year round? When you try to diet do you lose weight quickly (muscle and fat)? Do you have a hard time gaining weight?

Answer those questions and you'll pretty much have it.

JeffWillConquer
02-22-2004, 10:43 AM
If you didn't work out or play sports would you be fat or skinny? Fat= slow, skinny=fast.