PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me?

Mr_Olympia
02-21-2004, 06:10 PM
Hello I have a little problem. I am watching what I eat and all that, but naturally I am an ectomorph....meaning I am more of a lean tall type of person. I am watching what I eat and I am eating as much protein as I can. I am always eating tuna, eggs, non-fat milk, and other meats. When ever I go to a store or something I also pick up a protein bar too. I am trying everything. But it just doesn't seem to be putting on that much mass. I am looking to be a bodybuilder, I am only 15 but I want to get a good head start (arnold started when he was 15) I have been lifting for a considerable amount of time and I have been watching what I eat and taking in as much protein as possible for about 3 months now. I know that I am not going to just wake up some morning and look like arnold schwarzenegger or frank zane but I am seeing barely anything at all. Does anyone know of a good protein shake I can make without protein supplements like powder? my parents wont let me use any supplements but i'm working on it. Right now though I just have to work with natural foods. So if anyone knows of any good recipes for shakes or drinks then please post them. Thanks.

andy51
02-21-2004, 06:18 PM
Don't be afraid of healthy fats. Talk to your parents about some whey protein. It is vital to get the amino acids in your system immediatly after lifting. Also make sure you are getting enough sleep and water. Dont forget a multivitamin as well.

Mr_Olympia
02-21-2004, 06:22 PM
Don't be afraid of healthy fats. Talk to your parents about some whey protein. It is vital to get the amino acids in your system immediatly after lifting. Also make sure you are getting enough sleep and water. Dont forget a multivitamin as well.
Yeah I want to get that whey protein but my parents say no. They are thick headed sometimes especially on this topic. I am working on that though little by little. I get enough sleep and I drink alot of water. I take vitamins as well (that's about the only thing I can take unless prescribed by a doctor lol) I will just have to try harder with my parents I guess. Any more ideas anyone?

RickTheDestroyer
02-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Your parents will let you eat protein bars, but not shakes? :scratch:
You might have to do things the old-fashioned way and eat eat eat.

Mr_Olympia
02-21-2004, 06:37 PM
Your parents will let you eat protein bars, but not shakes? :scratch:
You might have to do things the old-fashioned way and eat eat eat.
Yep you got it, my parents are @sses. They are pretty lame sometimes. I asked why I can't take some supplements and they said that they heard stories of kids dying from them and they say they aren't good for teens or kids. I said that the kids only died because they were irrisponsible with them and that's the reason but of course my parents are dumb and are stubborn. Yeah I never really thought about that myself with them letting me eat the bars but not take supplements or drink shakes. That is a pretty dumb mistake on their part. Dumb @sses. I will have to tell them about that. And believe me I DO EAT! I eat tons. And when I say I eat tons I don't mean the junk food, I mean the good stuff. And it still isn't showing any impressive results. I may have gained maybe 5 pounds in the past 3 months. It sucks.

ectx
02-21-2004, 07:10 PM
don't be afraid to eat certain carbs too...especially if you're bulking. Add brown rice, oatmeal, whole wheat toast to your diet. They're excellent sources of carbs/energy...and you need them to fuel your growth too.

RickTheDestroyer
02-22-2004, 09:25 AM
Maybe you should find an article about how the people who died essentially overdosed on ephedra despite the warnings on the bottle/eslewhere. Then point out that ephedra has been banned.
Then point out that NO ONE HAS EVER DIED FROM PROTEIN SHAKES EVER!!!

edit: It is good that your parents care about you though... I can kind of see their side of this... man I'm getting old.

ogarchamplin
02-22-2004, 12:01 PM
:withstupi