PDA

View Full Version : a better milk

van6497
02-23-2004, 12:10 PM
I don't know how many of you guys have a Braum's store in town, but if you do you should take advantage. They make their own milk, and it has 50% more protein and carbs per serving. Most people think their milk tastes better as well. I know they have them in Oklahoma and in parts of Texas.

thetopdog
02-23-2004, 02:18 PM
How do they make milk? I thought it came from cows?

JTyrell710
02-23-2004, 02:39 PM
Braums Milk Is Made Out Of People!!!!

Teufelhund
02-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Braums Milk Is Made Out Of People!!!!
hey, as long as they're high-protein people.

they probably just do something like add the skimmed off stuff from skim milk back into their high protein milk.

wrestlemaniac
02-23-2004, 02:55 PM
blah, you guys forget; milk has to be processed. Thats why we get 1% and uh... homo-milk (*Giggles*).

thetopdog
02-23-2004, 04:11 PM
hey, as long as they're high-protein people.

they probably just do something like add the skimmed off stuff from skim milk back into their high protein milk.

I always thought the skimmed off stuff was just fat? And the more fat they skim, the lower the % goes from 2% to 1% to skim

van6497
02-24-2004, 09:19 AM
Braum's dries their milk to a powder first to get rid of impurities, then just adds back less water, so everything is more concentrated.

Shao-LiN
02-24-2004, 09:37 AM
So it's a thicker, creamy milk then?

van6497
02-24-2004, 10:00 AM
Here is what they say at Braums.com:

Q. Why is Braum's milk so much better than what you buy in the supermarket?

A. Braum's raises our own herd of over 10,000 dairy cows and milks each cow 3 times a day on the family farm in Tuttle, Oklahoma. Most companies buy raw milk from outside sources so that by the time the raw milk is delivered for processing, it's already several days old. At Braum's it may take only 24 hours to get the milk from the cow to your neighborhood Braum's store. It doesn't get any better than that! Braum's special processing system fortifies the reduced fat, low fat and fat free milk naturally by concentrating it, making our milk richer, thicker, and better-tasting! For more information visit Buy The Best and Tour The Dairy.

Q. Why is your Fat Free Skim Milk so much better than grocery store milk?

A. We vacuum process our milk through a Mechanical Vapor Recompressor (MVR) Processing System. Braum's MVR is 4-stories high, weights approximately 80,000 pounds and is made of stainless steel. The vacuum MVR Processing System makes it possible to process milk at a low temperature causing a water vapor or steam to be released. This water removal varies from 28,000 - 40,000 lbs. per hour depending on the type of milk being processed. In an hour, 9000 gallons of regular fat free skim milk goes through the MVR Processing System and 6000 gallons of Braum's Fat Free Skim Milk comes out, ready for bottling! Another advantage of Braum's unique MVR Processing System is taste. By processing the milk at lower temperatures, you eliminate the possibility of having a "cooked" flavor. By removing this water from the product, the milk is condensed or concentrated naturally, thereby automatically raising the levels of not-fat milk solids. Braum's Skim Milk is fat free and has 50% more protein, calcium, niacin, riboflavin and other essential nutrients than regular skim milk! So not only does it taste better, it's actually better for you! (And it's 100% natural!) It takes 3 gallons of regular skim milk to make 2 gallons of Braum's Fat Free Skim Milk. Learn more about why Braum's milk is better at Tour the Dairy and Buy the Best.

thanky0ujesus
02-24-2004, 10:39 AM
interesting thing i found.. whole milk has 8 g protein, 2% has 10, and low fat 9.. why the difference?.. i always thought whole milk would have the most protein

ryuage
02-24-2004, 10:58 AM
i guess you thought wrong! :p

van6497
02-24-2004, 11:11 AM
i think whole milk has less protein b/c it has a higher percentage of fat. skim milk has less fat, so more protein.